Hong Kong Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
Shop P101, The Peak Tower, # 128 Peak Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
  • November of last year, I decided to take my son to Hong Kong as a birthday gift
  • With all these going on, I barely noticed that it was about schedule for us to take the tram ride to Victoria’s Peak, see the whole Hong Kong from atop, and the biggest attraction for the night, the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum which is in the Peak Tower itself
  • I was so impressed at how they set things up
  • You can stand right next to your favourite star, take your picture with them, even hug them if you want
  • Absolutely the best wax museum I have ever visited

• by patofgold23

November of last year, I decided to take my son to Hong Kong as a birthday gift. We both have never been to Hong Kong. I find going to a different country for the first time a bit scary especially if I tag my little boy along with me. I decided to avail of Tour Services to make sure we see what we need to see there, and to make sure we don’t get lost. It’s worth all the extra money I need to put in on top of our fares.

So when we finally got to Hong Kong on a Friday night, we decided to stay in the hotel on the first night since we sort of had traveller’s diarrhoea, and we wanted to get plenty of rest for the long weekend. I was lying down and looking at the itinerary the Tour Services gave us. Among listed were the Ocean Park, Disneyland, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, tram ride to Victoria’s Peak, a famous jewelry factory they call TSL, and some shopping places. My son is so excited about the parks but my eyes got glued to the Madame Tussauds Wax

Museum and their short description of the place. I got excited to finally be able to be in a world-famous attraction that features more than 100 incredible wax likenesses of stars, world leaders and sports heroes.

It was scheduled on Sunday. So over the weekend I waited patiently for our trip to the Wax Museum, but I had a great time on every place the tour guide took us to. The sites were great, as well as the shopping. I must admit I enjoy the food so much. With all these going on, I barely noticed that it was about schedule for us to take the tram ride to Victoria’s Peak, see the whole Hong Kong from atop, and the biggest attraction for the night, the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum which is in the Peak Tower itself.

I didn’t realize how popular the wax museum was until we got there ourselves. It was weekend, there was a very long line to get into this museum. Those who stood in line said they have been there for about 2 hours now. We had out tickets in advance from the travel company, so it ...

• saved us from having to stand in line to purchase tickets and then stand in another line to enter the museum. But even so, it took us almost 30 minutes to get inside, but it was worth the wait.

I was so impressed at how they set things up. The life-like wax figures were displayed into several totally interactive themed settings that are spread over three floors within Peak Tower complex. In the World Premiere section displayed famous Hollywood celebrities like Marylin Monroe, Harrison Ford, Johnny Depp, Pierce Brosnan, Bruce Lee, Andy Lau and so much more. You can stand right next to your favourite star, take your picture with them, even hug them if you want! I took pictures of Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Samuel L Jackson, Nicholas Cage, and I even brought home a photo of me and Brad Pitt which fooled so many of my friends. The figures look so real that you would need to take a second look, and even touch them to make sure they are really wax. They definitely have gone through a very intricate level of details into making these wax figures.

I was finally able to rub elbows with famous celebrities.

After you’ve seen most of the movie and music stars on display, there are also smaller, less-posed galleries of royalties and politicians in the other sections like Hong Kong Glamour, The Champions, Music Icons, and National Heroes, and the Scream section, which is a hair-raising is interactive experience aimed at Adult visitors to Madame Tussauds based around the idea of an Asylum where the inmates have escaped.

They also have a souvenir shop featuring a full range of exciting souvenirs and gifts. Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is an amazing experience like no other! Up to now it is continually a popular tourist attraction. I highly recommend bringing a camera. It’s amazing how real those figures look! The work and likeness of these famous people is just so striking! My son and I had a nice time there and would definitely be going back if we have the chance.

Although this is not the only wax museum in the world, for me, it is probably the most famous. Absolutely the best wax museum I have ever visited. Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum is an excellent place to visit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592008806371231/k2311a0820/8.20.09