Kohl’s Luxury Collection 600-Thread Count Damask Sheets  » Housewares  »
  • Last year, she brought me back something that I thought I would never own-a 600-thread count set of Egyptian cotton sheets in chocolate brown

• by Jessie Bahrey

In Canada, only the very very wealthy can afford a high-thread count set of sheets; anything over 200-thread count can be well over $150, and I have seen 400-thread count sheets for $300. It is something we just have to live with here. That is probably why I always ask my mom to look for good deals on sheets when she goes to visit relatives in the States, and over the years, most of my good sheets have come from her vacations. Last year, she brought me back something that I thought I would never own-a 600-thread count set of Egyptian cotton sheets in chocolate brown. I

was about to give her heck for spending so much money, and was worrying about how much I would have to pay her, when she told me that they were from Kohl’s and that they had been on sale for $29.99, down from the regular price of $70. I was shocked at the price, (in Canada, $70 will buy you some sheets that are as hard as burlap sacks), but very excited to own such luxury.

These sheets, Kohl’s Luxury Collection 600-Thread Count Damask sheets to be exact, were soft to the touch as I eagerly tore open the plastic packaging. I was pretty excited. The fabric was ...

• smooth and soft, and the tone-on-tone stripes were elegant. I didn’t even wait to wash them once before I put them on my bed, which is what I usually do because the sheets I usually buy will soften up a bit after washing. These sheets needed no softening. The fitted bottom sheet was wide enough to go easily on and under my mattress, and in no time my bed was made. I actually looked forward to going to bed all day.

That night, as I slid into bed, I felt like I did the time I stayed in a 7-star resort in Morocco. The sheets were soft and

thick and smooth, and they almost felt like satin, without the ‘slide’ effect. My night was comfortable and I felt like I was living the life of a rich person.

These sheets are still going strong after a year and numerous washings. There were numerous washings because I pretty much refused to use any of my other sheet sets after I got these. These sheets are not wearing out at all, or getting thinner; if anything, they are getting softer with time. I did get another set a few months ago, and I am now spoiled for any other sheets. I hope I never have to use any other kind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532008806271131/k2311a0820/8.20.09