Grower Direct Fresh Cut Flowers
  • My latest experience with Grower Direct is a good example of how easy it is to deal with this company

• by Jessie Bahrey

I have used a variety of companies over the years that deliver flowers for any and every occasion, in many provinces and even states in North America. While many have been great, my go-to company that always comes through no matter where or when I need them is Grower Direct Fresh Cut Flowers. I have used them for birthdays, congratulations, sympathy, valentines, get-well, Mother’s Day, and other occasions, and it is never a hassle; one phone-call and I can pick out the type of arrangement, species of flowers, accessories, and price-range, and the recipients are always thrilled with what they receive. I have had the occasion to see my flowers when I have visited the recipient, and the arrangements are always beautiful, and the accompanying baskets, planters or vases are always nice enough to keep forever. I admit that I have never stepped

inside a store, and haven’t even been online until my latest purchase, because the customer service of the people I speak to over the phone is just suburb, and I am always confident that what they pick out will be well-received and very much appreciated.

My latest experience with Grower Direct is a good example of how easy it is to deal with this company. I actually went online this time (http://www.growerdirect.com), and I saw that the website is extremely user-friendly. I was able to shop by price, which I usually do, but you can also shop by occasion or category. I was going to shop by price (generally, I am delighted by the choices for $40-50), but one arrangement on the home page caught my eye, the ‘Fun in the Sun’ Bouquet, for $49.99, because the colours were very beautiful. My mom likes ...

• red and blue, so I knew she would love it, plus she loves baskets, and she re-uses them for gift baskets for others, so kind of ‘paying it forward.’ I still wanted to speak to a live person, although I am sure that purchasing online is easy, so I called the local store near my parent’s place, which is a phone number I know by heart, but you can also look up all the phone numbers for any location on their website. This time, I knew the name of the arrangement I wanted, as well as the occasion of anniversary, so that made my call even easier. As always, I got to pick out the small details, like basket colour and balloon style, and within 5 minutes, my order was placed, my credit card was charged, and I had an ETA for a
        delivery time. I really like the fact that there is an ETA given, so the recipient can be home, and I also get a phone call when my flowers are delivered-that is great customer service.

I also have to say that my husband, who is apparently incapable of planning ahead, has managed to use the local Grower Direct in the small town his parents live in to send his mother flowers for Mother’s Day every year-and every year, he waits until late afternoon the day before (and I constantly tell him he is leaving it too late), and somehow, his mother always gets a beautiful arrangement. As well, he has bought me roses on the busiest day ever, Valentine’s Day, and I always get gorgeous flowers. Grower Direct is great for selection, price, convenience and customer service, and you can’t go wrong purchasing flowers from them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 462008806261131/k2311a0820/8.20.09