Cold Case - Volunteers show  » TV  »
  • The case itself was interesting but so was the entire history lesson about that era
  • It's still not the most moral thing in my opinion but at least people are able to have it done safely
  • This is definitely an episode that caught my attention and has me wanting to watch more of this series

• by Steve

I don’t get many opportunities to watch the show Cold Case. But, i took part of the day off to take my daughter to the fair (which was ruined by the rain) and ended up watching a re-run of it today “Volunteers.

” It was pretty decent.

The show starts out

with a man and woman being found under the foundation of an old building.

We later learn they have been there since 1969 and they had been helping as volunteers for a group providing safe abortions to pregnant women (abortion was illegal at the time).

They helped so many, it ...

• was impossible to figure out who might have wanted them dead.

The case itself was interesting but so was the entire history lesson about that era.

It was 6 years before my time and, after watching them talk about women getting abortions done in back alleys and kitchens with things

like bicycle tire spokes, I can now appreciate exactly why it is legal today.

It’s still not the most moral thing in my opinion but at least people are able to have it done safely.

This is definitely an episode that caught my attention and has me wanting to watch more of this series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102008806221131/k2311a0820/8.20.09