SmartyKat Sweet Greens Cat Grass Kit
  • But I really can't begrudge them too much because after all they are indoor cats and I know that indoor cats sometimes needs grass or some kind of greens in order to stay as healthy as possible
  • This is a very interesting kit because it comes with everything you need
  • Well, the first day, I was very disappointed because nothing was growing and I honestly thought that I had been ripped off by the company
  • But then I decided that I needed to give it some time so I just poured a little more water over it and then closed the pantry door
  • I think they'll get a kick out of it like mine did

• by onerios13

I recently went and bought the SmartyKat Sweet Greens cat grass kit from Wal-Mart because I have two very pampered, very beloved cats who are always trying to eat the greenery in my house. I have this lovely creeping vine plant that I’ve had for over two years and although I place this plant on the highest bookshelf in the living room, my cats will always find a way to get up there and then start gnawing at the poor plant. I have caught them bite through the thick vines that grow almost half way down the bookshelf and I am grieved that this marvelous plant is always so ruthlessly cut down by my furry attackers. But I really can’t begrudge them too much because after all they are indoor cats and I know that indoor cats sometimes needs grass or some kind of greens in order to stay as healthy as possible. I try to give them that through their dry food, selecting the indoor cat dry food, but after reading a very good article by a vet, I realized that cats are truly carnivores and as such, they really require wet cat food

as that is the main way they can get water as they don’t have a very strong thirst indicator.

Yet, I still believe that all animals can benefit from eating some sort of vegetation due to the fact that there are a lot healthy vitamins to be gotten from plants. So that is why I went and got this grass kit. Mostly to save my plant, but also because I felt that they really needed this grass every now and then. This is a very interesting kit because it comes with everything you need. I has oat seeds that are ready to be planted straight into the dark soil that comes in a round container. You moisten the dirt after planting in the seeds and then loosely cover it with the lid. Then you must place it in a dark and cool place (we used our pantry closet) and then once the grass starts to grow, take off the lid and leave it in a sunny part of the house. Well, the first day, I was very disappointed because nothing was growing and I honestly thought that I had been ripped off by the company. But ...

• then I decided that I needed to give it some time so I just poured a little more water over it and then closed the pantry door. After two more days, I noticed that there was tiny shoots of green growing from the soil and then took it out of the pantry and set it on a shelf where it could get some sunlight.

Today, I came home from work and saw that the grass had grown several inches now and the grass is a lovely light green color. I finally took it off the shelf and let my cats have at it. It was really funny to watch them try to figure out just what this stuff was. My boy cat sniffed and sniffed and sniffed it over and over again, as did my female cat. My female cat actually hissed at it before running away which make me chuckle to no end, but my boy cat finally started to tuck into the grass, nipping at it with his teeth and almost tumping the container over several times. He only got a few pieces of the grass in his mouth but overall, he seemed satisfied

with it. I think that I need to let the grass grow a little more higher before he can really enjoy it so I’ve replaced it on the shelf and then I’ll see what it does in the next several days.

Honestly, I think that this is a marvelous invention for cats. It wasn’t expensive at all, costing around two dollars and some change. I don’t know if they’ll end up really liking it but I figure at least that way they get some greens in them instead of just always getting catnip. It’s very easy to grow and really you just water it and then let it sit under the sun a bit. After the grass has grown and started to die away, you can still use the dirt as mulch which I will do for my poor half eaten plant. I think it’s justice that the very thing that will keep the cats away from it is also the very thing that will nourish it to grow better and faster. Overall, I do recommend this if you have indoor kitties that can’t go outside for whatever reason. I think they’ll get a kick out of it like mine did!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292008806151131/k2311a0820/8.20.09