German Shepherds  » Pets  »
  • I have always thought that German Shepherd is the best dog ever created
  • It was interesting because she had been born in Taiwan and so only understood Chinese commands
  • If you have a large yard and want a wonderful family pet that will love you like no other creature in the world, then consider the German Shepherd as your next pet

• by onerios13

I have always thought that German Shepherd is the best dog ever created. I say this because so far I have owned two in my lifetime. The first one was when I was very young. My father had bought one when I was around nine or so and I instantly fell in love with this breed. They were so intelligent, so majestic looking and of course highly intelligent almost to the point of being human in any aspects. Our German Shepherd was loyal to a fault. He was never given formal training but he never had to be put on a leash because he would follow us no matter where we went. He was brave and always looked out for my family. I remember when we would go on walks as a family and then we’d suddenly scatter and hide behind things like trees or houses, but our German Shepherd never wavered once in finding us. In fact, he would only go so far before looking back to see if we were following. And if we weren’t, he’d head

back and start to sniff and hunt for us. Once he found us, he would get so excited and just jump up and down like a puppy and then we’d resume our walks.

I have never loved another animal as much as I loved our first German Shepherd. The only other dog I had that much affection for was my second German Shepherd. I got this one when I was living in Taiwan. My mother had just passed away from terminal cancer and I was really feeling lost and lonely. By chance, a friend of godmother who I was staying with at the time had a German Shepherd that was once a police dog. She had been retired due to the fact that she never seemed able to gain weight. When I first laid eyes on her I was shocked to see a German Shepherd so thin. You could see her rib cage and I doubt she weighed more than forty-five pounds or so. But I realized why she was so thin when I saw that they were only feeding her a tiny amount of food everyday. No wonder she was just skin and bones! I quickly remedied that when I took her from her owner. I fed her a giant bowl of canned food mixed with two cups of dry food and she would just chow down on that. Within two months I had her up to a healthy ninety pounds. Her coat was super glossy, her eyes bright, her ears erect and she was just gorgeous. I doubt there was a show dog in the world that could beat her for beauty or brains.

It was interesting because she had been born in Taiwan and so only understood Chinese commands. The only command I was able to teach her in English was ‘heel’. But she was my constant companion and we would walk everywhere in Taiwan. She never needed a leash either and would follow me no matter where I went. I always felt safe with her and I knew that there wasn’t a mugger in the world that would mess with me while I had this gentle ...

• German Shepherds
      guardian at my side. And she was very obedient as well. I use to put a treat on her nose and although everyone around me would tell her it was okay to eat it, she’d just stare at me intently, ignoring everyone else. It was only when I nodded my head that she would gulp down her treat and wag her tail as if she was pleased with herself. And once when I had to leave the country for a week, the friend that looked after her told me that she wouldn’t eat for three days and just lay in front of the door waiting for me to return. And when I did she just frolicked at my feet for hours, her sweet face just alight with delight and happiness.

I honestly do not believe there is a better dog than the German Shepherd. They are ultra loyal, incredibly intelligent and if you treat them with love and kindness, they will do anything for you. Plus, they are great protection. You can go anywhere and know that you’ll be safe

with this dog beside you. They are extremely protective as well, especially when it comes to the family children, and you know they will be guarded at all times. My cousin in law used to tell me that when she was little, her and her sister would go to the beach and play. While their mother would sit nearby with a book, it was really the family German Shepherd that watched over the girls. And if one of them went too close to the shore, he would bark and then gently herd them back up the shore. It was such a wonderful story to hear and it’s typical of this breed to be so careful with the people they love. If you have a large yard and want a wonderful family pet that will love you like no other creature in the world, then consider the German Shepherd as your next pet. You will be so grateful with this choice of breed and I will bet you that you will have to search long and hard to find an equivalent to this man’s best friend.

Katelyn says :

I love these dogs a lot but taking care of them is a little harder. You have to train him and raise him well so that he doesn’t attack anyone. I always wanted him, but I realized he probably wasn’t quite for me.I wonder if anyone owns it here and how these dogs train.

Galega says :

You don’t need to go for professional training for these dogs. They are fast learner. If you have gained his trust, then it will be a cake walk to train him. Just try to make him comfortable. Having said that, if resources allow, you may for for professional trainer for quick and better results.

Lorrie Freiler says :

re : If you have a large yard and want a wonderful family pet that will love you like no other creature in the world, then consider the German Shepherd as your next pet
German shepherds are amazing dogs. Not only are they beautiful, they are highly intelligent as well. As an overall breed they are generally very eager to please, and easy to train. Their agility, movement, and speed is inspiring. German shepherds are also extremely loyal, and quite protective of their families. It’s a dog that I have owned, and would absolutely love to have again as part of my family. If you ever have the opportunity to own one of these amazing dogs I highly recommend a German Shepherd puppy for your family furever pet.

Somnath Banerjee says :

German shepherds are considered as good house dogs because of their calm nature and caring temperament. Here are top 10 reasons why you should choose GSD as your family dog:
1:The largest percentage of police dogs all over the world are GSD s. They are an intelligent dog breed and can easily learn what you make them do.
2:They are very caring and possess a protective attitude towards their owners. If given proper training, they will love, care and respect their owners and also protect them from any foreign intruders.
3:The energy levels of German Shepherd is high so they don t get tired so soon. Your children can play with the dog as much as they can.
4:They can be taught to learn to do almost anything.
5:They are one of the best guard dog breeds that are known to save their family from enemies
6:They can be not so friendly towards strangers but for known faces they serve as an ideal companion.
7:GSD should be kept on an healthy diet and should be given proper grooming and care. If you are dedicated enough towards your dog then they are a healthy dog breed.
8:GSD love to play with children if they are trained well to do so when they are young. Proper puppy training is essential along with love, care and respect towards your pooch. Also, make sure not to allow children to play with the dog when eating or trying to remain alone.
9:One of the best things about GSD is that they can easily adapt to any lifestyle. So no problem to adjust your day according to your dog, your dog can easily adjust itself and suit your lifestyle.
10: GSD can help you to stay healthy. Yes, they require at least 30 minutes of daily exercise because they are an active dog breed so walking and playing with your dog will eventually make you healthy.

Olumuyiwa A. Akintolu says :

The German shepherd dog is a herding breed known for its courage, loyalty, and guarding instincts. This breed makes an excellent guard dog, police dog, military dog, guide dog for the blind, and search and rescue dog. For many families, the German shepherd is also a treasured family pet. German shepherds can be very gentle companions and family protectors with proper training and socialization. It’s an ideal breed for active households. The intelligence and protective demeanor of this breed can make it a good choice for families with children as long as the dog is properly trained
So here are the 6 things you really need to know before adopting a German shepherd.
They are smart.
They can have high-energy needs.
They require mental stimulation. …
They cuddle bugs at home but aloof in public. …
German shepherds are natural guard dogs. …
They are excellent listeners.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292008806141131/k2311a0820/8.20.09