Brownie Magic recipe  » Recipes  »
  • Unfortunately, being so used to my great cooking, they end up so disappointed with the baked goodies that I buy
  • That way, not only I save money, I know my kids are eating tasty and healthy snacks

• by patofgold23

If you’re tired of eating ready-cooked brownies or baked goodies that doesn’t really give out the flavour it promises, then I guess it’s time to make your own. I am a carbo-craver and a cook myself, so I don’t find it hard to satisfy my cravings.

However, the things I usually cook are pasta and meat recipes, and at the end of the day, I wound up not having time to make goodies for the kids when they come home from school. So I try to trick them by buying the ready-made sweets from the grocery and I unwrap them and pile them up in the cookie jar. They look so great and attractive, and my kids race up towards it making sure they get to the

jar first. Unfortunately, being so used to my great cooking, they end up so disappointed with the baked goodies that I buy. Ii never thought young kids as they are could qualify as food critics too. But, hey, kids don’t lie.

So I figured I really have to start making my own goodies. That way, not only I save money, I know my kids are eating tasty and healthy snacks. So concerned about the time it will take to make goodies, I have to prepare snacks that aren’t time-consuming. I remembered the very quick Brownie Magic we have in our family recipe book. It’s so quick to make, yet it tastes like magic.

All you need is 1 ½ cup of butter or margarine, 2 cups of sugar,

• 5 eggs, 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, ¾ cup strong cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, a teaspoon of salt, and 1 ½ cup of chopped cashew nuts or walnuts.

First you have to cream the butter in a bowl, then add the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time then. Now, combine all the dry ingredients (that’s easy to figure out on your own). Add the combined dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until blended. I did this all by hand with the use of a spatula, but if you prefer the mixer on low-speed, it would work the same. I guess I am just the good old-fashioned type and prefer hand-beating till now. You can now add the chopped nuts.

Pour the mixture

into a greased square or rectangular pan (or a 13” x 16” tray may be used, that’s what I have in my kitchen). Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until done (you can give it an extra 5 minutes if you want the sides a little burnt, my kids love the burnt sides). Allow it to cool for a few minutes after putting it out from the oven, and cut them in diamond shapes. That’s your brownie Magic!

You can either stack them in a cookie jar or wrap them individually with multi-colored cellophanes. You can even sell it if you want to. People would pay much for a very great-tasting Brownie. Your kids will surely be coming back for more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492008805991131/k2311a0820/8.20.09