Sally Hansen Brush-on Hair Remover for Face

• by patofgold23

As any woman would be, I guess I am too conscious about my facial hair. I barely have any, just a few very fine hair around my upper lip area that isn’t really noticeable. But the thing is, when I put on my make-up, it cakes around my upper lip area so I decided I had to get rid of my facial hair, noticeable or not.

I went shopping for a good hair remover (and an affordable one too). Sally Hansen has a very good line of products and has kept up with its reputation for their quality, so I headed straight for the Sally Hansen rack and picked up the first box I saw, the Sally Hansen Brush-on Hair Remover for Face that has a small 1.7 fl. oz.

/ 51.7 ml. bottle inside. I was convinced for a while there thinking this must be a great product, because aside from the Sally Hansen brand itself, it also said a lot in its text ad saying it is the easiest hair removal there is. Just pass the enclosed brush across the facial hair you choose to remove. In a matter of minutes, hair is removed, and even read it has gentle vitamin E in it. I paid $6.99 for it and headed home to give it a quick try.

The product label says that I should do a test 24 hours in advance. I don’t have sensitive skin, but I followed the instructions anyway. I did the patch test on my arm as directed, and after I didn’t get ...

• any allergic reactions or irritations from it, I went on and used the product. I followed all the instructions written there, left it on for 5 minutes, then I started to wipe away the hair. Disappointingly, it removed only about half of the hair I wanted gone. Immediately, I noticed a lot of redness start to appear, and in just 10 minutes, the area is now really red and burning! I headed for my closet and searched for my Neosporin coz my face was really itchy and painful by that time.

It left my face red with some swelling on my upper lip for three days, and I vowed I would never use the product again. The reaction I got from it was beyond belief, and to think that was

even after I did the skin-test. I had to bear with the embarrassment because my sun-burnt looking face was drawing attention. It definitely wasn’t pain-free as they said in the box. My face was literally burning. It took about a week for the irritation to finally die down, and I am at least thankful it didn’t leave any scars.

I would not recommend this product especially if you have sensitive skin. I’m not sure if it worked for others, but it certainly didn’t work for me. Aside from its unpleasantly strong smell, the hair it removed just grew back on the same areas in just less than a week. I am so sorry I threw away my $6.99 for Sally Hansen Brush-on Hair Remover. I call this product a very big disappointment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312008805981131/k2311a0820/8.20.09