Toronto Hotel - Clarion Hotel  » Hotels  »
592 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, Ontario
  • I have to admit that when I first saw the room, I thought that it was really small and reminded me of a bachelor's apartment
  • I was impressed with the nice, relaxed atmosphere and affordable price
  • I would definitely stay at the Clarion Hotel and Suites Selby again

• by Mleigh

My fiancé and I were headed to Toronto for a weekend of fun, and decided to use http://www.expedia.com to find a suitable hotel. The factors that we were looking at were location (in comparison to the location of the Greyhound depot and the Air Canada Centre), and of course, price. A lot of hotels came up, but the one that really caught our eye was the Clarion Hotel and Suites Selby. Not only was it the cheapest in the list, but it was also a short cab ride from both the Greyhound depot and the Air Canada Centre.

Our first

impression upon arrival at the Clarion was that it was quaint and quiet. It looked like an old house behind a cover of trees on the nicer end of Sherbourne Street, right next to Bloor Street. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was similar to that of a library. I have to admit that when I first saw the room, I thought that it was really small and reminded me of a bachelor’s apartment. The bed was queen-sized, a bit stiff, and took up most of the room, but there was a large closet and a decent sized bathroom.

• The air conditioner didn’t work on the cool setting, but did run the fan and heat. A fair-sized television sported cable and a remote control. Overall, it was a cozy little room, and decent if one did not plan to spend a lot of time inside.

As for location, it was a cheap cab ride to the Greyhound depot (roughly $12.00), and was actually just across the street from the subway system which took us right to the ACC. The hotel was also just a short walk from restaurants and shopping on Bloor Street.

The night was quiet and comfortable, and

in the morning was a free breakfast that included waffles, toast, pancakes, croissants, coffee, juice, et cetera. It was a very good deal.

Overall, I would give the Clarion a rating of eight out of ten stars for good service, being fairly comfortable, and for location. I was impressed with the nice, relaxed atmosphere and affordable price. Personally, I would have been happier with a softer bed, but it was clean and the room smelled fresh. I would definitely stay at the Clarion Hotel and Suites Selby again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22008805871131/k2311a0820/8.20.09