Animal Emergency Hospital  » Pets  »
43731 Gratiot, Clinton Twp, MI 48036
  • I have a very good relationship with my vet and when ever I have a problem I can always turn to him if it is during office hours
  • She took a quick look at his injury and we discussed the best way to treat him, and if it could be glued or did in fact need stitches
  • I think it was only about a half hour later when the nurses came out carrying my boy looking a bit out of it
  • I feel confident in the fact if anything does happen the Staff at Animal Emergency Hospital in Clinton Twp will be there for me with a pleasant experience and minimal problems

• by Michelle Eckman

I have a very good relationship with my vet and when ever I have a problem I can always turn to him if it is during office hours. Last week I had a problem right at the close of hours. When I called there was absolutely no way the vet could do stitches for this emergency, he was two hours behind and I had to go somewhere else. Although I dread using an emergency vet at all, I went to the Animal Emergency Hospital that opened a few years ago about a mile from my house. I hate emergency vet’s with a passion because they don’t know me and they don’t know my animals. I have had problems with them in the past causing issues with my dog and it took years to fix the problems so needless to say I was nervous. However my boy needed to see a vet for stitches on his leg and it was the closest office I could go to. I crossed my fingers and pulled into the parking lot.

When I walked in carrying my boy I was

immediately greeted with a smile and very very nice woman at the front desk. I told them what was wrong and they quickly pulled out the necessary paperwork. They helped me as much as possible while I filled it out and started asking questions about what was wrong, what did we need and his weight/breed and the such. With in 15 minutes I was in an exam room with my boy finishing up with his temp and information. Within 5 more minutes the vet came in and was very nice and relaxed as she approached my dog. She took a quick look at his injury and we discussed the best way to treat him, and if it could be glued or did in fact need stitches. We went with the stitches because of the extent of damage to the skin and leg. When I explained to her he was a show dog and being shown the following day she explained she could try and do the stitches under the skin to help hide the injury and make it look as nice as possible.

• However to do this was going to require him to be sedated and they would be taking him to another area of the hospital and I was not allowed to go with him; I had to sit in the waiting room…This is my biggest problem I don’t let anyone handle my dogs with out me being there. This is because of the problem I had 10 year ago that took years to fix…I am the one who holds them for everything.

I explained to the vet my nervousness to have them take my dog and how I didn’t want them to cause problems with his happy idiot personality. She listened very well and addressed my concerns and assured me that if they had any problems at all with him they would come get me. Before they could do anything else she had to give me an estimate of treatment. When I saw the estimate on paper it was about $450, but in all reality I couldn’t leave him till Monday or even the next day. So off he went to surgery. I think it was only

about a half hour later when the nurses came out carrying my boy looking a bit out of it.

He was a perfect gentleman and behaved while they sedated him and as soon as he was done and stitched they brought him out to me. After a total of an hour and half I had antibiotics for my dog and wrote a check for only $365 instead of the $450 and was on my way out the door.

We removed his bandage the next morning and he went into the show ring with no one being able to tell anything was wrong. He had no pain in the leg and his stitches were completely invisible! He has healed with a minimal scar that is not even noticeable as his hair is growing back.

Although I hope to never have to go back to them, I feel safe in knowing the best interest of the animal is what they are there for. I feel confident in the fact if anything does happen the Staff at Animal Emergency Hospital in Clinton Twp will be there for me with a pleasant experience and minimal problems.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292008805831131/k2311a0820/8.20.09