Dave & Buster’s in Hanover, MD
7000 Arundel Mills Circle Suite D-1 Hanover, MD 21076
  • I had gone to my first D&B in Colorado a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed the experience
  • True to the franchise, I found the same fun can be had at the Maryland location
  • While it certainly falls under the arcade genre, I think it’s innovative to the point of posing as a mini amusement park for all ages
  • This is because I believe the games are interesting and unique and designed for a host of skill levels
  • I like how fees are by the hour, but I don’t like how one always has to bowl in a “cosmic” setting, and the balls and lanes seem poorly maintained

• by anettgen

I was excited to discover a Dave & Buster’s in nearby Hanover, MD, upon moving to the area. I had gone to my first D&B in Colorado a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. True to the franchise, I found the same fun can be had at the Maryland location; it has become a welcome staple in coping with the monotony of my current two-street town.

Anyone who assumes arcades are uneventful, outdated venues fashioned purely for teenagers should take another look at D&B. While it certainly falls under the arcade genre, I think it’s innovative to the point

of posing as a mini amusement park for all ages. Not only do I think that it can it serve as a repeated “date night” idea for couples (at least it has for my husband and I), it’s good for family quality time as well. This is because I believe the games are interesting and unique and designed for a host of skill levels.

Like most D&B businesses, the one in Hanover is situated within a decent-sized mall, so I can shop and maybe catch a movie before or after my time there. Some of my favorite games at the Hanover,

• MD location include: Super Trivia (a multi-player knowledge game featured on a giant screen), Gone Fishing (a crank-turning game that lands on point amounts), Deal or No Deal (just like the TV show, but one can win tickets), and the various themed Coin Pushers scattered throughout the arcade. Any D&B will have a mix of carnival games, classic action pursuits, and individual charm.

The prizes aren’t really what I play for, as they’re expensive and not really anything I need (just like any other arcade shop). However, I do appreciate that they have rewards; I can enjoy the experience of playing,

and laugh about all of the D&B-themed shot glasses I can redeem in the process. It’s nice that after spending a certain amount of money on games, one can get upgraded to a D&B Gold Card where games will be cheaper.

A closing note on the Hanover, MD location is that it also features a bowling alley. You need to go during typical non-peak times, however, to stand a chance at getting a lane. I like how fees are by the hour, but I don’t like how one always has to bowl in a “cosmic” setting, and the balls and lanes seem poorly maintained.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591908805481131/k2311a0819/8.19.09