Peking Downtown Backpackers Hostel  » Hotels  »
85 Nanluoguxiang, Beijing, China
  • I have recently completed a two and a half month trip around the world, and I can easily say that this was my favourite hostel
  • Home to Beijing's smallest bar and little boutique-type shops, the street is always humming with life, which I found energizing after the chaos of the rest of Beijing
  • As I was there in the summer, I thought the air conditioning was a real bonus
  • I was a little worried about the food initially, until I saw what it was - delicious
  • I would without a doubt recommend this hostel to other travellers, and look forward to staying there on another trip to Beijing

• by karandash

I have recently completed a two and a half month trip around the world, and I can easily say that this was my favourite hostel. I was sad to leave it, and would live there if I could.

The hostel is on up-and-coming trendy Nanluguoxiang, which has a little bit of everything for anyone. Home to Beijing’s smallest bar and little boutique-type shops, the street is always humming with life, which I found energizing after the chaos of the rest of Beijing. I felt totally safe

in the neighbourhood, going so far as to walk down the unlit sidestreets around midnight. The only thing I was worried about was stumbling in a pothole!

I think the hostel itself is magnificent. I loved the friendly and helpful staff who would do anything for you. I got the feeling that they truly want guests to enjoy Beijing, and I liked that they would wave and talk to me whenever I walked past reception.

I loved my room! As I was arriving on a trans-Pacific ...

• flight and expected to be jetlagged, I reserved a private room. I couldn’t believe how comfortable the bed was, and I had my own private bathroom and my own air-conditioning. As I was there in the summer, I thought the air conditioning was a real bonus. I hung out in one of the dorm rooms, and thought that it too looked decent.

I was also thankful for the little cafe next door where breakfast was served. I was a little worried about the food initially,

until I saw what it was - delicious! They serve a large western-style breakfast, which I liked, as I hadn’t yet adjusted to Chinese food.

I loved the two tours organized through the hostel that I went on - one to the Great Wall and the other to the Summer Palace. It was a great opportunity to meet fellow hostellers, and the tours were safe and professional.

I would without a doubt recommend this hostel to other travellers, and look forward to staying there on another trip to Beijing!

Peking Downtown Backpackers Hostel

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21908805451131/k2311a0819/8.19.09