Bohemian Manifesto: A Field Guide to Living on the Edge book  » Books  »
  • It covers everything from erotica to poetry, and everything in-between - definitely something for everybody and every mood
  • I really enjoyed the fun and quirky facts spread throughout the book, such as the real names of many bohemians , including artists and musicians
  • For anybody who can take a joke and feels a little out of place in modern consumerist society, I would wholeheartedly recommend this glorious book

• by karandash

I love this book!! I’ve read it multiple times now and still enjoy it as much as I did when I first read it, perhaps even more. A slightly tongue-in-cheek look at the “bohemian” lifestyle and sub-categories of bohemians, the book examines such basic topics as bohemian housing, food and drink and transportation. To be

honest, I recognized myself in it, and loved feeling that I wasn’t the only strange person out there.

I adore the watercolour illustrations that are sprinkled throughout the book, and would love to find some larger versions to hang on my walls. They capture the essence of irreverance beautifully and are often delightfully quirky.

I appreciated the ...

• fact that the reading list at the back is quite comprehensive, and it has given me a lot of inspiration on those days when I’m not quite sure what to read next. Due to it, I’m not sure if I will ever run out of reading material. It covers everything from erotica to poetry, and
        everything in-between - definitely something for everybody and every mood!

I really enjoyed the fun and quirky facts spread throughout the book, such as the real names of many “bohemians”, including artists and musicians.

For anybody who can take a joke and feels a little out of place in modern consumerist society, I would wholeheartedly recommend this glorious book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171908805431131/k2311a0819/8.19.09