CONAIR Compact Fabric Steamer Model GS5RC
  • I bought the CONAIR Fabric Steamer, Model GS5RC from the London Drugs chain store in Vancouver, Canada on November 29, 2008
  • It cost me $59.99 and I expected it to work for me
  • Definitely, I have saved a lot in dry cleaning
  • I think it will work, and I won't even need laundry soap

• by RichieMogwai

I bought the CONAIR Fabric Steamer, Model GS5RC from the London Drugs chain store in Vancouver, Canada on November 29, 2008. It cost me $59.99 and I expected it to work for me. Before I chose this model I spent about 15 minutes looking through other brands. I settled on this one because of the price. It was the most cost-effective from all the other fabric steamers I looked up, considering that it was packed with features.

I was so excited to use it for the first

time, and it was so easy to get used to. The instructions were simple and the water boils very quickly as soon as you push the power on. One drawback is you really have to make sure that you hold the nozzle of the hose upright all the time, the higher the better. Otherwise, it will make some awful noises and the steam won’t come out.

But despite this drawback, I still love using it. It even came with a hanger for the hose so you can ...

• easily hang it while you spray steam on your clothes. I have been using it repeatedly on my blazers, especially my beloved Le Chateau and London Fog coats. Definitely, I have saved a lot in dry cleaning. Have I gone to the dry cleaner all this time, I would have already spent easily $100, so this fabric steamer is really worth it.

I can’t believe how well it cleans my dry-clean-only clothes, and it only takes me about two minutes to finish steaming one piece. This

is one of the best buys I ever made. I am even planning to just steam my ordinary clothes so I won’t have to go down to the coin laundry. Imagine how much more I’ll save if I did that! For one heavy load of laundry I have been spending about $5, drying included so I figure I could be saving a lot if I put the fabric steamer to task for the regular laundry. I think it will work, and I won’t even need laundry soap!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531908805071031/k2311a0819/8.19.09