The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern’s Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure  » Books  »
  • It was one of the books I read during my freshman year and I really enjoyed, quickly becoming my favourite book
  • Other than that, my favourite part of the story is when Buttercup gets kidnapped beacuse the chase for her was humourous although the tone was supposed to be serious

• by shiro_manjuu
      I haven’t seen any other DVD editions of the Princess Bride, but the version I read was by William Goldman. It was one of the books I read during my freshman year and I really enjoyed, quickly becoming my favourite book.

I

liked it so much because it had absolutely everything; revenge, love, pirates, death, anger, betrayals, quest for knowledge and power, so on.

One of the themes that jumped out at me was that not everything in life ends with like a fairytale.

...

• This is a comparison between the movie and the book.

Ih the movie, they ended it with all problems resolved.

On the contrary, in the book it was left off with a cliffhanger.

The author even stated that he thinks happy endings

are often overrated.

I liked his point of view because it is more realistic and believable.

Other than that, my favourite part of the story is when Buttercup gets kidnapped beacuse the chase for her was humourous although the tone was supposed to be serious.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17100880470731/k2311a0810/8.10.06