Star Ferry Hong Kong  » Cruises/Ferries  »
1.5
Central (Zhong Wan) Harbor, Hong Kong
  • Some people might enjoy this cultural feeling while I just wanted the ride to end because like I said, the place was not very clean at all

• by shiro_manjuu
      During my stay in Hong Kong, I have been on the Star Ferrya couple of times to get from Tsim Sha Tsui across to Central. The fare was pretty cheap, about $2. 2 HK which is… practically $0.

25 USD if not less. It’s so cheap because it runs every few minutes and many people board it.

Hong Kong is a busy city

where people are always dashing from one end to another. I did not exactly enjoyed the experience.

When people think about ferries, they have this picture in their mind that it is very nice and luxurious, or at least clean. It was none of the sort.

THe board dock was unclean and made out of wood that looked like it’s been rotting.

• The board you actually step on to board the ferry kept swaying back and forth.

While that is nothing, they should at least aim for more stability for the elderly people or children. Inside the ferry, it was dark and old-fashioned like.

place was not very clean at all. Plus it smelled since we were in salt water.

I don’t know if you know but many waters of Hong Kong are polluted with junk and garbage and what not. So needless to say, it was not a good a smell to breathe in.

The only good part was that the ride is short so those unpleasantries are actually bearable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4100880460731/k2311a0810/8.10.06