Pentax Optio S50
1.0
  • This camera was passed down from my brother so I think it may be a bit outdated
  • THe problem with CRV3 batteries is that they are expensive and non-rechargable

• by shiro_manjuu
      This is a 5. 0 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom. It is just an inch bigger than my palm so it is still a comfortable size to fit in bags/pockets.

This camera was passed down from my brother so I think it may be a bit outdated. However it contains

most functions if not basic, such as outside mode, inside mode, image cropping/rotating, etc.

However I do not like this camera because it sucks the battery like no tomorrow. The manual told me that it can take two AA alkaline, AA lithium, AA Ni-MH, AA nickel, or one CRV3 battery.

...

• However, normal batteries like AA alk does not work. Even though it is new from the package, it automatically says “battery depleted”.

What in the blazes? That is ridiculous. I tried with about 5 other batteries and got the same message.

The camera has only been bought for a few

mere months so this shouldn’t have happened. It does work however with rechargable batteries, but again only for a limited amount of time.

I’ve called for technical assistance and they told me the CRV3 battery should last, if not longer. THe problem with CRV3 batteries is that they are expensive and non-rechargable.

That is ridiculous.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43100880450731/k2311a0810/8.10.06