Fish with Bread Sauce recipe  » Recipes  »
  • Actually, this recipe, which I made out from experimenting and trying one mix after another, is my favourite brunch
  • It’s funny to think how a delicious meal like this could be so easy to make
  • Now that everything is in the pan, bake it at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes (for my case I let it set a little longer coz I like it a little bit overdone)

• by patofgold23

Here is a nice suggestion for parties at the park, or simply for an afternoon snack. Actually, this recipe, which I made out from experimenting and trying one mix after another, is my favourite brunch! I call my recipe Fish with Bread Sauce (coz really, there’s all to it, just Fish with Bread Sauce). But don’t be fooled with the name thinking it’s just an ordinary tasting Fish with some dip or something. You’ll be surprised how you have never tasted anything like this in your whole life. If you’re thinking you have tasted

every good meal in the world, then think again. Coz when you try out my Fish and Bread Sauce, you’ll realize what you have been missing the whole time.

It’s funny to think how a delicious meal like this could be so easy to make. And the things you need to make, are so easy to find. You’ll be needing the following: 8 slices of trimmed loaf bread, a cup of hot water, fish heads and bones, 2 cups lukewarm water, a teaspoon of salt, half a pound of butter (or margarine would do just ...

• fine), two egg yolks, two teaspoons of chopped parsley, four fillets of any white meat fish, two teaspoons salt in a separate saucer, and ¼ cup of white wine.

Now to make it quick, soak all the bread in the hot water, let it cool, and squeeze out the excess liquid. Set it aside then. In a saucepan, combine the fish heads and bones, water and 1 teaspoon of salt, and let the mixture boil until only ½ cup of stock remains. Strain the stock to get rid of the fish heads and bones, then

set aside the clean stock. Now, cream the butter, and then blend in the yolks, parsley and bread. Set it aside. Lay the fish fillet on a greased baking dish, then sprinkle with two teaspoons of salt. Pour in the white wine and stock which you set aside earlier. Top it with bread mixture.

Now that everything is in the pan, bake it at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes (for my case I let it set a little longer coz I like it a little bit overdone). You can now serve your Fish with Bread Sauce.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491808804200331/k2311a0818/8.18.09