Smitty’s restaurant  » Restaurants  »
2.5
Prospect Road, New Minas, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • There are also a wide variety of dessersts you can get, and I recommend the cheesecake
  • Prices are reasonable, but for what you pay, I think you can get better food elsewhere
  • There is a large parking lot available, so parking is not an issue
  • I would not expect a high-quality meal or above average service, but your experience will not be completely awful

• by C Mac

We do not go to this restaurant very often because the quality of the food and the service is not what we would expect when we go for a meal out. The menu is fairly large with a lot to choose from, including all-day breakfasts of bacon, eggs, French toast, waffles and so on, but also burgers, sandwiches, salads and other favourites.

There are also a wide variety of dessersts you

can get, and I recommend the cheesecake.

It is very good! Prices are reasonable, but for what you pay, I think you can get better food elsewhere.

Although the menu is large, I never seem to be happy with what I order.

The eggs never seem to be nice and fluffy, the toast is often cold, and the food never tastes as good as I had expected.

I usually enjoy chicken ...

• caesar wraps when I go out, but not at Smitty’s.

The staff is not the best.

Of course you may have a server that you like and is friendly and helpful and attentive, but more often we find that we’re left sitting there and waiting for our server to come and find out how we are doing, and the staff does not seem to be overly friendly.

The batrhrooms are a

decent size, and they are clean.

The restaurant itself is clean and fairly spacious.

There is a large parking lot available, so parking is not an issue.

Overall, if you’re in the area and want to get some breakfast in the middle of the day, this may be the place for you to go.

I would not expect a high-quality meal or above average service, but your experience will not be completely awful.

Smitty's restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71808804120331/k2311a0818/8.18.09