California Grand Casino  » Casino  »
2.5
5867 Pacheco Blvd, Pacheco, CA 94553
  • They call it the best place to play at Bay area
  • But in my personal experience, I don’t think so
  • I recommend you to stay away from their weird blackjack

• by uselist

California Grand Casino which is just twenty minute drive from San Francisco is a small casino. I would call it a card room rather than a casino. The major game there was Texas hold ‘em. They call it the best place to play at Bay area. But in my personal experience, I don’t think so.

The games here tend to be on tighter side. The place was at a very small town. Only reason why I stepped in there was to have a rest in my drive to San Francisco. The waiting lists for Texas hold ‘em was very long there.

I waited for around for around an

hour to get a seat. The lowest limit was $3/$6. But the worst thing there was the rake of four dollar per pot. It ate into many of my moderate winnings.

There was also a weird blackjack. I only played a few hands. It was called ‘California Blackjack’ and had joker cards also in the deck. Also natural blackjack was not paid three to two.

One good thing about California Grand Casino is the new poker player bonus that thy always offer. Since I was first time there they gave me fifty dollar worth chip for twenty dollar. This helped my money to last longer. The other thing ...

• good about the place was the food.

The bar and food counter were together. Food items were tasty and relatively inexpensive. Most of the poker players were maniacs and didn’t really know what they were doing. If you play tight most probably you may be able to overcome the rake.

But the rake is higher than most of the casinos I have been to. The dealers were very entertaining and seemed to know the players well. The drinks are served even though this is a small house. I was little surprised to see the big crowd of people there even though this house is pretty small.

It was

very hard to find a parking space because most of the parking was for the bowling alley nearby. This casino is worth going only for a change. If you have gone to all other casinos at the Bay area and looking for a new place give a try at California Grand Casino. One other reason is the thirty dollar bonus they give for first time poker players.

This place also qualifies as a halt place in your way to San Francisco bay. But bear in the mind that you should be prepared to wait long if you are very particular about low limit poker. I recommend you to stay away from their weird blackjack.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 481808803890231/k2311a0818/8.18.09