Rocky IV

• by Steve

I haven’t watched any Rocky movies in a while. But, I was up with my daughter the other night and came across Rocky IV.

This is still one of the better Rocky movies ever made; even when it is cut up for television broadcast.

Watching Rocky take on a guy from the Soviet Union in

a hostile environment and nobody giving him any chance of winning is fantastic.

I love the build up to the fight; which includes everything from Apollo Creed getting killed in the ring to Rocky training in a frozen wasteland while his opponent trains with all the latest equipment (and the help of steroids).

Some parts ...

• of the movie are a bit much.

The crowd slowly starts chanting for Rocky, which I just don’t see happening.

If anything, I would think they would get even more hostile toward him.

And, the fight is kind of predictable because it follows the same format as his other matches; he starts out losing, gets

a lucky shot and then goes toe-to-toe until the final round, where he needs a knock out to win it.

That’s why I wouldn’t put it above any of the first three movies; just the last two and quite a few other sports movies.

If anything, it was a nice way to stay awake with my infant daughter.

Andrew Leither says :

It’s still one of the better Rocky movies ever made and I totally agree with you. I remember this movie and how Rocky took on this guy from the Soviet Union which was set in a hostile environment. I felt to my opinion, that it was even better than the first Rocky movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111808803660231/k2311a0818/8.18.09