Freschetta PizzAmore 10-Topping Pizza
1.5
  • While there were some things I liked about this product, I will tell you I was disappointed in it overall
  • I’m sorry, I know cheese is technically a topping
  • So, I think I have a right to expect more from them when my wife could have bought a comparable brand for less money
  • If you are shopping for frozen pizzas, this is a brand I definitely will tell you to avoid

• by Steve

My wife had to run to the store late yesterday afternoon. And, since I had the baby and she wasn’t allowing me to cook, I had her pick up some frozen pizzas for dinner. She came home with PizzAmore pizzas from Freschetta; including their 10-topping pizza. While there were some things I liked about this product, I will tell you I was disappointed in it overall. I guess I’ll take the time to start out with what I liked about this pizza. First, the crust wasn’t too bad.

I think I had another one of these in the past and was disappointed in the crust because it was a bit soggy. And, that was kind of the case again this time around (but only because they used too much sauce). But, it definitely tasted pretty good. It was one of the better tasting frozen pizza crusts I’ve had. I also like how this particular brand comes with its own pan.

This

is a nice convenience because I don’t have to dirty my own. But, that’s about as far as my liking this pizza goes. Now for the stuff I didn’t like. I already mentioned one, the company uses way too much pizza sauce on their pizza. It wasn’t bad tasting but it did make the crust very soggy; regardless of how long we baked it.

I ended up eating my pizza with a fork because it kept wanting to flop downward; dumping the toppings everywhere. I was also disappointed about the size of this brand of pizza. If you look at the box, you would think it would be a somewhat large pizza. Instead, you get a tiny pizza that is barely enough for two people. I’m glad it was just my wife and I eating (our oldest daughter doesn’t like pizza).

The thing that really got me though was the lack of toppings on this pizza. The box says 10 ...

• but it certainly doesn’t look like it. There was more sauce than anything and there were quite a few bites where there were no toppings at all. And, today, I took the time to read the box to see what toppings were supposed to be on it and was amazed at how misleading the whole “10-topping” thing is. First of all, two of the toppings are cheeses.

I’m sorry, I know cheese is technically a topping. But, have you ever had a pizza that didn’t have cheese on it? I haven’t. And, unless it is a cheese pizza, I have never seen one that advertises the cheese as a topping; it’s a given, not something special. I would have given the pizza a try if they would have advertised 8 toppings and two kinds of cheese. They didn’t need to mislead me on that.

Now, I probably could have forgiven the company over the whole cheese thing but I read further.

Two of the other toppings listed were garlic and oregano or something like that. That made me a bit mad. Those aren’t toppings, they are seasonings. A topping is something like ham or hamburger (something that wasn’t on the pizza); in other words, something that legitimately costs you money and therefore gives you the right to charge more money.

Seasonings aren’t overly expensive and are expected when you add tomato sauce. These aren’t cheap pizzas, they ran about $6 each. So, I think I have a right to expect more from them when my wife could have bought a comparable brand for less money. I don’t know which I’m more upset about; the fact I was misled on the box about the number of toppings this kind of pizza was supposed to have or the fact the pizza turned out to be well below the quality I was expecting for the price. If you are shopping for frozen pizzas, this is a brand I definitely will tell you to avoid.

Spend your money on something else instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271808803570231/k2311a0818/8.18.09