Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill  » Restaurants  »
107 Shubie Drive, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • The menu may not be large, which is why my husband is not a huge fan of this place, but the stir-fry is delicious, so I usually try to convince him to eat supper here when we are in the area
  • Sometimes it may feel a bit crowded, so we try to go a little before or a little after the rush times to avoid that cramped feeling

• by C Mac

We went here last night. It is one of my favourite restaurants. The menu may not be large, which is why my husband is not a huge fan of this place, but the stir-fry is delicious, so I usually try to convince him to eat supper here when we are in the area.

He has tried the pizza, but says it is not as good as other restaurants, so he usually opts for the buffalo strips, which he likes. You can also get burgers, salads and other common dishes.

Drinks come with free

refills and are reasonably priced, just as the food is. The atmosphere is nice.

This particular restaurant is new, so it is still nice and clean. It’s a bar and grill, but it is not as loud as many other bar and grills I have been to, which makes it a nice place to go with a group of adults, or your kids.

Sometimes it may feel a bit crowded, so we try to go a little before or a little after the rush times to avoid that cramped feeling. The location is ...

• prime.

You can spend the day shopping in Dartmouth at Mic Mac Mall or in the newly built Dartmouth Crossing shops, and then head over to Jack Astor’s. Maybe after you can make your way to the newly-constructed nearby Dartmouth Crossing movie theatre to catch a flick.

It makes it the perfect place to grab a meal either after a long day of shopping or before a night out. The staff is usually quite nice and helpful, and we have only had minor issues with them (once my stir-fry came out with nuts

when I asked for there not to be, that kind of thing).

Overall, the food comes to us the way we have requested, and the staff is helpful and nice. If you do go at one of the busier times of day, you may have a little wait, but nothing too horrible, we just notice that when we go on off-times we get better, faster service.

If you want a good burger (or a stir fry!), this is a good place to go. Prices are decent, food is good, service is okay and the location is great!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71708802740931/k2311a0817/8.17.09