Utility Bill Payments at AK Food Mart  » Business  »
2305 S. Howell Avenue Milwaukee WI 53207 Phone: (414) 483-1120
  • I like paying my utility bills at the AK Food Mart because it is fast and easy
  • I hand the man behind the counter my bill and he processes it, doing whatever he needs to do to it (I'm unsure exactly what that is - I think it might involve some sort of machine)
  • This way I know it's been paid and that I have a receipt to prove it
  • I have been paying my utility bills there for several months now and never have had a problem

• by Bookwyrm

Every month the various utility companies send you bills and you must pay them. And one of the easiest ways to pay them is to pay in person at one of the many locations that accepts utility bills. The closest location to my home is the AK Food Mart, which is a little grocery store up in Bay View. It is near three major bus lines: the 11 (Howell), the 15 (KK) and the 53 (Lincoln) so it is easy to reach from a variety of directions.

I like paying my utility bills at the AK Food Mart because it is fast and easy. I just walk in through the door and the little booth for paying bills is just to my left, two steps at the most. I hand the man behind the counter my bill and he processes it, doing whatever he needs to do to it (I’m unsure exactly what

that is - I think it might involve some sort of machine). Often he asks if I’m paying the entire amount and I nod that I am. I hand him the money and a short time later I have my receipt to show that it was paid. The entire process is very fast and easy.

I also like that the AK Food Mart is just a short walk away from my home and that I can reach it on foot. That saves me some money, as I don’t need to pay bus fare then just to reach it. Who wants to travel far away just to pay a bill? This fact becomes even more important when winter arrives and there will be snow and ice everywhere. Getting out then can be more difficult especially as some people don’t shovel their sidewalks. To make the visit to the AK Food Mart more practical,

• I often combine my bill paying with other errands I need to do in that direction like catching the number 15 bus to reach Natural Pet or visiting the Bay View Library. Sometimes I buy a cold canned soda from them as well - it is a little convenience store after all.

Another thing I appreciate is how worry-free it is. I don’t have to worry if my bill payment will get lost in the mail or that it might arrive a day late. Sometimes the mail might be delayed for unknown reasons. This way I know it’s been paid and that I have a receipt to prove it. That peace of mind is worth the small processing fee they charge.

I have been paying my utility bills there for several months now and never have had a problem. The next utility bill always arrives with a “thanks for your previous payment”

written on it as always. That way I know the various utility companies are receiving my payments.

The people who work at the AK Food Mart are always polite and they often don’t say much. That is OK with me.

The only downside I can see is that they do not accept the Water bill: you need to pay that one somewhere else. The store may also be busy and you may have to wait in line for a short time. Most people come in here to buy soda, chips and stuff like that. The lines move pretty quickly and the service is fast.

The AK Food Mart accepts the gas/electric (WE Energies) and the Phone bill.

I think paying utility bills at the AK Food Mart is a great value as it is fast, secure and gives you peace of mind. The fee is also low, usually around a dollar or slightly more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411708802250831/k2311a0817/8.17.09