Large Lemonade from McDonalds  » Food  »
  • I know some restaurants will add a ton of ice and give you very little actual soda, but at McDonald's I don't have to worry about this at all
  • Drinking caffeine in high heat is not a very wise thing to do, so I tend to avoid it unless I'm staying indoors

• by Bookwyrm

Often while I’m out during the summer I get incredibly thirsty. Nor does it help any that the temperatures are hovering near ninety with high humidity. To top it off, I’m often walking on foot and that just makes me more parched than ever. I need a drink to stay hydrated but I want a good value, too. Luckily, there is usually a McDonalds close by no matter where in the city I go and they

always have lemonade.

I like the lemonade from McDonalds. It’s tart and yet sweet at the same time. Truthfully, it tastes very good! And what is even better is that I am in charge of filling up the cup myself at the self-service drink fountain. That means I can choose how much ice I want in my cup and how much lemonade. I know some restaurants will add a ton of ice and give you very little ...

• actual soda, but at McDonald’s I don’t have to worry about this at all. Since today was very hot I added more ice than I normally would to help keep my drink cold. And by the time I reached my destination, my cup was bone dry!

I also like that lemonade is caffeine free. Drinking caffeine in high heat is not a very wise thing to do, so I tend to avoid it unless I’m staying indoors.

The lemonade refreshes me and helps keep me hydrated with liquid. The fact that it tastes great is a plus.

Buying a large lemonade from McDonalds is a great value, too. For a dollar you can get a large cup (64 ounces) and fill it with any fountain drink you want. Compare that to what stores like Walgreen’s charge for a 20-ounce bottle of soda (over a dollar). This sale continues through the summer and it’s very handy indeed!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271708802240831/k2311a0817/8.17.09