Herbal Essences Pin Straight Shampoo
  • I have tried more expensive salon quality shampoos and conditioners in the past that have claimed to make my hair straight simply by washing and conditioning such as the one from the Redken line and I was disappointed with the results
  • Regardless of my previous results with these types of products I decided to try the pin straight shampoo and conditioner from the Herbal Essences line, what can I say I'm a package junkie and pink is my favorite color
  • The first time I tried the shampoo I had visions of the way my hair would look pin straight and hoped for the best
  • I can definitely smell the pair but I am not sure if I believe it actually has silk in it
  • I am very impressed with this product and as I mentioned before, the smell is amazing as are the pin straight results

• by Valerie

I saw the alluring pink bottle of Herbal Essences Shampoo a number of times before I actually purchased it. The reason being, I was extremely hesitant in regard to the claim that a shampoo could actually make my hair straight as the bottle claims. I have tried more expensive salon quality shampoos and conditioners in the past that have claimed to make my hair straight simply by washing and conditioning such as the one from the Redken line and I was disappointed with the results. Regardless of my previous results with these types of products I decided to try the pin straight shampoo and conditioner from the Herbal Essences line, what can I say I’m a package junkie and pink is my favorite color.

The first time I tried the shampoo I had visions of

the way my hair would look pin straight and hoped for the best. I figured, even if this stuff doesn’t work I’ll only be out ten dollars. The first thing I noticed, well after the fact that I liked the packaging, was the smell. The shampoo smells delicious and the best part is that the smell actually lingers long after you wash your hair, unlike with other shampoos and conditioners. In fact,t the smell even remains after blow drying, a claim I don’t think I can make in regard to any other shampoo and conditioner. The bottle claims that the shampoo contains pear and silk. I can definitely smell the pair but I am not sure if I believe it actually has silk in it. This seems like an expensive ingredient for herbal essences ...

• to offer in it’s five dollar shampoo. However, the pin straight results I received made me second guess whether or not this stuff actually contains silk, maybe it does.

I love the way the shampoo lathers up. When working at a salon I noticed that all of the salon quality shampoos do not lather the way the cheaper ones like Herbal Essences do. One of the hair dressers told me that this is a result of the fact that cheaper shampoos contain cheap soaps and detergents that make them lather up better. I believed this at the time but after comparing these two types of products I am convinced that the cheaper shampoos actually work better. I must admit that while in the shower, after using the pin straight shampoo my hair felt somewhat dry.

Yet as soon as I used the conditioner in the shower the dryness went away, so I did not think much of it.

After using the pin straight shampoo and conditioner from Herbal Essences, my hair was literally pin straight. Normally, I blow dry my hair and then proceed to use a flat iron in order to make my hair straight. After using this shampoo and conditioner, I simply combed my hair with a fine tooth comb when it was soaking wet, and again when it was merely damp. I did not blow dry my hair and I did not use a flat iron on my hair. However, amazingly it still came out PIN straight. I am very impressed with this product and as I mentioned before, the smell is amazing as are the pin straight results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311608801611131/k2311a0816/8.16.09