Sunnyside Farms Vanilla Sandwiches  » Food  »
2.0
  • They are artificially flavored sandwiches of vanilla taste with chocolate flavored wafers acting as the sandwich
  • Still, they aren't worth the sale price I'm paying

• by Orrymain

You know, back in the day, I really loved a good ice cream sandwich. That’s because they really were wonderful. I’m not sure what brand they were back then. Maybe Crystal made them, or perhaps some other company, but somewhere in the last 25 years, sandwiches made of ice cream and a chocolatey covering just aren’t the

same.

Yes, you can get the ultra expensive Klondike Bars, but they really aren’t the traditional ice cream sandwiches I grew up with. I’ve tried different varieties, like Carnation, but they aren’t the same. Sunnyside Farms, which is essentially the producer of ’store brand’ products for Bel Air, which is owned by Raley’s, now provides its version of ice ...

• cream sandwiches. I’ve had them for years, but I’m never satisfied.

I guess I buy these because they’re just about the only choice I have, but they aren’t really anything to write home about. They come in packages of six, twelve, and twenty-four. They are artificially flavored sandwiches of vanilla taste with chocolate flavored wafers acting as the

sandwich.

These sandwiches are not high quality. There’s no zing, and oftentimes, half of the wafers come off with the individual wrapping of each ice cream bar.

I don’t recommend these. I buy them only on sale and only when I have a need for some reason to have an ice cream sandwich. Still, they aren’t worth the sale price I’m paying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271608801121031/k2311a0816/8.16.09