Eskimo Pie - Snack Size Bars - Butterfinger Crisp and Crunch Crisp  » Food  »
2.5
  • I've always liked Eskimo Pies, so figured I was safe in trying these new varieties, especially since I like both brands of candy as well
  • I liked the Butterfinger Crisp, but not as much as I thought I would

• by Orrymain

An impulse buy at the very last minute, Eskimo Pie - Snack Size Bars - Butterfinger Crisp and Crunch Crisp was purchased for curiosity’s sake. It was on sale, and I was compelled to see if I would like the variations in this package of two different candy bars, the Butterfinger Crisp and Nestle’s Crunch Crisp.

This box contains 12 snack size bars, each of which is approximately 110

calories. I’ve always liked Eskimo Pies, so figured I was safe in trying these new varieties, especially since I like both brands of candy as well. The bars are indeed snack size. I’d guess about four good bites, so we’re not talking about anything filling. It’s more like trying to satisfy a tiny craving.

The Crunch Crisp was probably my favorite of the two choices.

• It was chocolate inside and out, while the Butterfinger Crisp had a vanilla cream inside the chocolate cover. I liked the Butterfinger Crisp, but not as much as I thought I would. I’ve had these as a Blizzard at Dairy Queen and been really pleased, but somehow as a single ice cream bar, I wasn’t as taken with the taste. It was a little off to me
        in terms of appeal. It spoke of Butterfinger with every bite; it was just the actual taste that didn’t have me craving it.

I didn’t crave the Crunch Crisp either. It was good, but not good enough to get me to buy this product again. Even on sale, I doubt I would buy it. For me, Eskimo Pies are better as their own product as they’ve been for decades.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271608801101031/k2311a0816/8.16.09