DiFara’s Pizza  » Restaurants  »
Brooklyn, NY
  • I am a huge Pizza lover, Pizza is my favorite food, so I decided to finally try it out
  • I have mixed feeling's about the best Pizza in NY so I am here to tell you about it
  • For the first 10-15 minutes it is interesting to watch this old man make the pizza by hand, but after that it get's very boring
  • This definitely isn't a pizza to get every week, but definitely worth it for special occassions

• by Veronica

For about a year now, i’ve been hearing nothing but great things about DiFara’s Pizza, in Brooklyn, NY. I am a huge Pizza lover, Pizza is my favorite food, so I decided to finally try it out. I have mixed feeling’s about “the best Pizza in NY” so I am here to tell you about it.

DiFara’s is run by 1 older man, his daughter & son. The Daughter takes the money, the son cleans up, and

he makes the pizza by hand himself.

First off, the place itself looks like a hole in the wall. It looks as if it hadn’t been fixed up since 1990.

It is extremely small, so don’t expect to go there and eat on a table, considering there are only about 3 tables. Now the wait, the wait is ridiculous.

• but after that it get’s very boring. The first time I went, I waited 2 hours for a pizza.

Yes, 2 hours. The second time, I wisened up and called when the pizzeria opened at 12, and put in an order for 6 p.

m to be picked up. When I arrived at 6, my pizza was ready and I was on my way.

That is definitely the best way to go. Now on to the Pizza.

It

is excellent, and definitely the best pizza i’ve ever had. He uses 3 cheeses on it, fresh tomatoes, big pieces of basil and a lot of olive oil.

These ingredients together make the pizza DELCICIOUS. It is crispy on the bottom, so the Pizza doesn’t fall apart.

Now, is it worth the $20 price for 1 pie? It is, once in awhile. This definitely isn’t a pizza to get every week, but definitely worth it for special occassions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71608800841031/k2311a0816/8.16.09