Natural Pet
2532 E. Oklahoma Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53207-3079 Phone: (414) 482-7387
  • I know the food that supermarkets and stores like Target carry are not very healthy as they are loaded with grains and other poor-quality ingredients
  • The thing I like the most about Natural Pet is the fact that they carry superior pet foods, foods that can help my cats live longer while avoiding health problems
  • The foods at Natural Pet cost more, so how do you know which one your cat or dog will like
  • I had that same problem a few months ago so I did the taste test
  • I think the food here is easily worth the money as your pets will be healthier, more active and will live longer

• by Bookwyrm

When I want a natural healthy pet food for my cats, this is where I go. I know the food that supermarkets and stores like Target carry are not very healthy as they are loaded with grains and other poor-quality ingredients. Cats were not born to digest corn or wheat gluten, so after eating it for years and years they can get sick. This store is dedicated to selling only the highest quality pet food available.

The thing I like the most about Natural Pet is the fact that they carry superior pet foods, foods that can help my cats live longer while avoiding health problems. The foods on their shelves are not only grain free but are made with human quality meats. That means the meat used in these pet foods are the same cuts you would buy for yourself at the supermarket or butcher shop. Lesser supermarket pet foods use meat scraps such as chicken feet, the intestines, and gizzards: also known as a “meat by-product”. You won’t find any by-products at Natural Pet, as that is not healthy. Their foods also contain pesticide

free fruits and veggies, things like blueberries that are loaded with antioxidants. I really like knowing the dry and canned food I buy for my pets here are good for them, as that makes me feel good.

Another thing I really like is the fact they give out free samples of most of their dry foods. The foods at Natural Pet cost more, so how do you know which one your cat or dog will like? I had that same problem a few months ago so I did the taste test. Simply put, they gave me a bag loaded with free samples of dry cat foods. I just opened all of the little pouches and put the food onto the floor for my cat. He could sniff each one, taste them and then he could chose which ones he preferred. It was very simple and cost me nothing but bus fare to get to the store.

And they do special orders, too. On Tuesday I ordered a full case of Instinct Rabbit, as that is what my cats prefer. I don’t know if they will ...

• always have enough cans in stock (they usually do but why take chances?) so I ordered a case for ease of mind. They are very happy to do this for their costumers and will gladly call you when it comes in. My phone just rang a few moments ago and yes, my order came in. Today is Saturday, so you can see they are quick as well!

Another thing I appreciate about Natural Pet is the knowledge of the staff that works there. They are not just people who ring up sale but are also very knowledgeable about the products on their shelves. They can recommend foods or natural remedies for a large variety of health problems. One of my cats had a bad case of diarrhea and even medicine from the vet didn’t work, but one employee at this store knew just the right product. I used it and it did work, clearing up the problem in just three days.

Natural Pet carries cat and dog products: dry food, canned food, frozen raw food, treats, natural remedies, toys, and a few other assorted items. And

the inside of their store smells so good! That’s always the first thing I notice when I walk in through the door, the wonderful scent of fresh herbs.

This store is easy to reach via the Oklahoma bus route or you can walk from the number 15 (Drexel), which stops on KK and Oklahoma. Natural Pet is also just three short blocks from Bay View Park and Lake Michigan, so it’s very easy to take a quick trip down to the Lake while in the area. I have done this several times and truly enjoy it.

The only downside I can think of is the prices or the fact that something you need may be temporarily sold out during your visit. A bag of dry cat food here can easily cost you $12 to $24 (or maybe more) depending on which one you’re buying.

I think the food here is easily worth the money as your pets will be healthier, more active and will live longer. Buying a quality cat or dog food really can make a big difference in your pet. I have seen it myself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291508800750131/k2311a0815/8.15.09