Metronidazole Benzoate  » Pets  »
0.5
  • I thought it was the grain in the food so I switched to a grain-free food
  • Truthfully, this medicine didn't do anything at all and I dislike that
  • I also noticed right after receiving a dose of this medicine he would have diarrhea

• by Bookwyrm

I received this medicine from my vet for my cat’s diarrhea. It is a pale yellow-colored liquid medicine and must be refrigerated. At the time I received this, my cat had been suffering diarrhea for about three weeks. He had first become sick from his old food, producing shapeless watery stools with lots of gas and a very strong odor. I thought it was the grain in the food so I switched to a grain-free food. My vet told me to wait two more weeks on the new dry food and if the diarrhea didn’t stop, he

would prescribe something. Well, the diarrhea hadn’t stopped so on Monday I went to the vet to pick up some medicine. My cat was really suffering and the bad belly was putting him into a foul mood as well, as he was getting grumpy with my other cat. Well, my regular vet wasn’t there but another vet at the same clinic prescribed this medicine.

Truthfully, this medicine didn’t do anything at all and I dislike that. Even after a week of taking the medicine twice a day there was no improvement at all. He was still gassing (farting ...

• loudly) each time he used the litter box and you could smell it several rooms away. Nor did his stools improve in shape: they were still very shapeless and looked like watery pancake batter. I also noticed right after receiving a dose of this medicine he would have diarrhea!

I also disliked how extremely upset my cat grew from this medicine. After taking it for a few days he started drooling from the mouth! He would have these long strings of saliva hanging from his mouth. They were stretchy and long and he would only get them when

I brought the medicine by him. At other times the saliva would just run out of his mouth and make big puddles wherever he was standing when I tried to give him the medication. Some of the puddles were as large as an American half dollar. He would also put up a huge fuss, squirming to get away. He really hated this stuff.

When the medicine ran out, it hadn’t done a single thing at all. The diarrhea continued as if I had never given him any medication at all. Simply put, this stuff does not work at all!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291408799931131/k2311a0814/8.14.09