Pet Greens Treats - Roasted Chicken  » Pets  »
  • One of my cats loves to chew on grass for some reason and that's why I bought these treats
  • I like that these treats are healthier than some others that are available
  • I know that makes it easier for my cat to digest

• by Bookwyrm

One of my cats loves to chew on grass for some reason and that’s why I bought these treats: they contain wheat grass powder. I’m hoping they are a safe alternative to chewing on sharp grass blades. And yes, grass can be sharp! That may sound odd but it’s true. Nor is it easy to digest grass - any swallowed grass would either get thrown up or pass through the cat’s system undigested. But the grass in these treats have been ground to fine powder and thus the cat can take whatever nutrients from that powder

more easily. There must be some reason cats like to chew on grass… I’m not sure what it is; maybe the cat is looking for some vitamin or mineral? Well, whatever it is, these treats are worry-free in terms of sharp grass blades cutting the cat’s mouth or stomach.

I like that these treats are healthier than some others that are available. For one, they are free of the common grains that you find in many cat foods: corn and wheat gluten. That’s good because cats were not really designed to digest grains: they are carnivores.

• These treats do have rice flour, soy flour and the ground wheat grass powder. Wheat grass is supposed to be healthy for cats, too, or so the package says.

I also like that the first ingredient is chicken. That tells me that most of the treat is made from real meat. I know that makes it easier for my cat to digest. That is important, especially when you have an older cat like I do.

Best of all, both of my cats seem to love these soft and tender treats. I offer them and they snatch

them right up! They are small, tender and easy for my cats to chew. They also seem to give them lots of energy as afterwards they often go and play, chasing each other around the room.

I also like that the inside of the package is lined with foil and that helps to keep the treats fresher longer. I just fold the top of the package over twice and put a snappy clip on the top to hold it closed. The treats stay fresh that way.

The package is 3 ounces and is made by Bellrock Growers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291408799911131/k2311a0814/8.14.09