Instinct Rabbit Formula  » Pets  »
  • When my Balinese grew sick with diarrhea, I tried different canned foods on him and this was the one he liked the best
  • I like that this food is totally free of grain
  • And eating grain over a long period of time can make some cats sick, so that's why I prefer a grain-free food
  • Blueberries I know are very healthy and contain antioxidants
  • I think it worked partly because it is a new source of protein that he never had before

• by Bookwyrm

When my Balinese grew sick with diarrhea, I tried different canned foods on him and this was the one he liked the best. It’s all natural and very healthy, one of the best canned cat foods on the market. Best of all, both of my cats literally love this stuff! Rabbit is one of a cat’s natural preys so it’s only normal that they love it.

I like that this food is totally free of grain. Cats have a short

digestive track that was designed for eating meat, not grain. And eating grain over a long period of time can make some cats sick, so that’s why I prefer a grain-free food. This canned food is mostly rabbit and pork liver, with a few added fruits and vegetables like peas, carrots and blueberries. The fruits and vegetables were added to supply vitamins and minerals I’m sure. Blueberries I know are very healthy and contain antioxidants.

I also like that when I pop open a can the rich meaty smell that drifts out. It really smells like cooked meat. And the texture is very similar to boiled ground beef (think a meatball). The meat is pretty solid yet soft. It crumbles easily when I use a fork to pull it out of the can. There is always some juice in the can as well and I can see it is juice from real meat because of the oily sheen it has ...

• Instinct Rabbit Formula
      (you know, like chicken broth?). And when I refrigerate the unused portion, the juice gels up into a thick gravy-like gel and the meat grows more solid.

My cats normally won’t touch canned cat food once it has been in the refrigerator but they will eat this stuff from the fridge! Why? Because it is real meat! I don’t even have to warm it or anything: they love it so much. I really like that as they normally can’t eat

an entire can at once and this way I can save it for later. These cans are a bit more expensive than other canned cat foods so I’m glad they will eat it from the refrigerator.

This food has also helped clear up my Balinese’s bad case of diarrhea. I think it worked partly because it is a new source of protein that he never had before. I’m beginning to think he has allergies but I’m not sure yet what he is allergic to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291408799901131/k2311a0814/8.14.09