Mr. Barky’s Vegetarian Dog Biscuits
  • These seemed to fit the bill as they contain a lot of grain and I know rodents like grain
  • These dog biscuits are made from healthy whole grains and I like that, too

• by Bookwyrm

Dog biscuits are not just for dogs - they are excellent for rodents, too! I picked up a box of Mr. Barky’s on a previous trip to Natural Pet as I was searching for a hard dog biscuit for my ratties to gnaw on. I had read online that they can eat dog biscuits so I had decided to try it for myself. These seemed to fit the bill as they

contain a lot of grain and I know rodents like grain.

I like how hard these dog biscuits are. Pet rodents need to gnaw on hard surfaces to keep their teeth filed down. The previous item I had bought for their gnawing needs had been a major flop so I needed something good and hard. Eating these dog biscuits will help keep their teeth short and that is very good.

I also like how my pets love these biscuits. I give my ratties whole biscuits and they look so cute running around their multi-floor home carrying the biscuit in their mouth! The biscuits are shaped like bones so it looks extra cute. And I know they eat them, too. I heard loud scraping of teeth on biscuit last night and earlier today I saw the broken remains of one of the biscuits. And while ...

• Mr. Barky's Vegetarian Dog Biscuits
      I was cleaning some scraps out of their cage, one of my ratties carried a whole biscuit away so I wouldn’t take it from him - how cute!

My mice eat these, too, except I break the biscuit into smaller pieces for them. Mice do not eat as much as a rat, either.

These dog biscuits are made from healthy whole grains and I like that, too. Whole grains are good for

my rodents. These contain whole wheat, whole oats, whole brown rice, whole ground corn and whole barley. The only ingredient I really don’t like in there is the corn as I had read that dried corn is not good for mice or rats. They are free of man-made chemicals and preservatives, so that is a plus. The taste is all-natural and that is more healthier than other stuff on the market.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291408799841131/k2311a0814/8.14.09