Bactrim DS  » Medicine  »
  • I did experience a slight upset stomach after taking the Bactrim DS, but it went away if I ate something

• by mom1

Bactrim DS is a medication commonly used in the treatment of cystitis (urinary tract infection) and bladder infection. Bactrim DS has, on more that one occasion save me from the excruciating pain of a urinary tract infection. It is important to treat a urinary tract infection promptly because it can quickly infiltrate the kidneys if it’s not treated.

As a registered nurse I have dispensed Bactrim DS per

physicians orders to many patients suffering from urinary tract infection. It works quickly, not only providing symptomatic relief, but also in eradicating the offending bacteria that caused the urinary tract infection in the first place. Bactrim DS in pill form looks like a horse pill, I’m sorry to say. It must also be taken with plenty of water - reason being that it has the potential to get ...

• caught in the throat, as it did to me and also to promote urination. It is important to finish the full prescription and not stop after one or two doses because the symptoms have subsided. Actually Bactrim DS does work very fast. After about one hour I felt so much better. The pain decreased to the point where I even thought for a moment, “maybe I won’t
        have to finish this prescription”, but as a nurse I knew that taking Bactrim DS is not only important in the alleviation of symptoms of urinary tract infection, but more importantly, to eradicate the bacteria that causes it.

I did experience a slight upset stomach after taking the Bactrim DS, but it went away if I ate something. Bactrim DS worked very well for me to alleviate my urinary tract infection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261308798841131/k2311a0813/8.13.09