Gateway DX4300-05 Desktop Computer  » Computers  »
  • I had owned two laptops previously and after their bad track record compared to previous desktops I've owned I decided to go with a desktop
  • I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money and became excited when I found out that Best Buy had a special package including the Gateway DX4300-05 desktop and a 20 Gateway monitor
  • A few other things to consider is that it comes with an ATI Radeon graphics card and has a DVD-RW drive
  • I love my new Gateway DX4300-05 desktop and would highly recommend the purchase to anyone

• by sally albright

Recently I was on the market for a new computer. I had owned two laptops previously and after their bad track record compared to previous desktops I’ve owned I decided to go with a desktop.

I wasn’t looking to spend a lot of money and became excited when I found out that Best Buy had a special package including the Gateway DX4300-05 desktop and a 20″ Gateway monitor. I won’t go into detail about the monitor for now as this review is about the desktop itself.

The Gateway DX4300-05 comes with Windows Vista Home Premium with the eligibility to have a free upgrade to Windows 7. Windows 7 upgrade kits are said to

be mailed out after October 22, 2009.

The desktop comes with 6gb of RAM which sold me. I was looking for more RAM then you would get from a laptop of the same price range as I use my computer for storing and manipulating photos, playing games, and downloading music.

The Gateway DX4300-05 desktop comes with an AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core Processor 2.70 Ghz. It also comes with a 640 GB hard drive. This seemed to be me to be effecient enough to do the normal web surfing and to play my favorite computer game-The Sims 2.

I have played the Sims 2, with several expansion packs, on the Gateway DX4300-05 and ...

• found that so far I do not have any lag. When I used to play the Sims 2 on my old laptop it would sometimes cause the laptop to slow down considerably after playing and caused me to have to reboot. This is not the case with the Gateway DX4300-05.

My children also love to play their computer games on mom’s new desktop because it runs faster and more effeciently than dad’s HP laptop with 4gb.

Another reason to love the Gateway DX4300-05 is for the hdmi input. This means you can use any hdtv with an available hdmi output as your monitor or even as a monitor extender, if you wish.

I have a subscription to Netflix and this allows me to watch the instant watch movies on my larger tv rather than the 20″ monitor I purchased with the computer.

All in all this is a great desktop computer for those who aren’t looking to spend a lot of money. A few other things to consider is that it comes with an ATI Radeon graphics card and has a DVD-RW drive. It also has an empty slot to add on an extra drive. The tower is also sleek and black and looks more modern, which may be appealing to some.

I love my new Gateway DX4300-05 desktop and would highly recommend the purchase to anyone!

Christine says :

I recently purchased a Gateway DX4300 PC. I do not have the instructions on the parts that come w the pc and how to set them up. I was wondering what the cylindrical thing is that plugs into the back of the tower is? It has two green lights on it and one says IR1 and the other says IR2. Can someone please tell me what this is and what it does? Thank you.

Jules Li says :

In terms of IR1 and IR2, that seems to be the infrared receiver for the mouse. Go to Gateway’s website. Within the support section they have the user guide available for this model.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 191308798681131/k2311a0813/8.13.09