China Moon in Beaverton, OR  » Restaurants  »
1.5
Off of Farmington Rd. in the Target Plaza
  • Unfortunately, the food is no longer worth going back for

• by sally albright

China Moon used to be a top Chinese buffet restaurant choice for my family. Their steamed dumplings, or Mandoo in Korean, made this Chinese restaurant an easy choice for my mom to me to dine at. However it seems that the restaurant has gone downhill in the past few months of business.

The service is still the same

as the man who greets you at the front desk is always smiling and friendly and so are the waitresses. They are often quick to clear your table and to refill your drink. Unfortunately, the food is no longer worth going back for.

The dumplings are still good but they aren’t enough to make me want to spend $9.75 ...

• for lunch. The egg drop soup, which is a favorite for my husband and children, has become watered down. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with tough economic times but the change from good egg drop soup to a watered down soup wasn’t even gradual.

The fried rice is often dry as well. I’m not sure

about anyone else but I don’t expect “crunch” when I am eating my rice but this is what you get. Their General Tso’s Chicken is also often dried out which takes away from the tasty sauce.

If you are looking for a good Chinese buffet in Beaverton, OR stay away from this place. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71308798671131/k2311a0813/8.13.09