Cowon iAudio O2  » Electronics  »
  • After my Ipod touch, I decided to go for Cowon O2
  • This product does supports almost all formats which is really amazing
  • The stylus which can converted into stand has good angle for great viewing experience
  • The output is great from O2, but lack of Bass was my problem

• by Rony Mascreen

Cowon iAudio O2 does pleased my eyes. After my Ipod touch, I decided to go for Cowon O2. I am freak for watching movies and hearing songs while on the move. This product does supports almost all formats which is really amazing. The package contain with Cowon O2 has data cable, charger, stylus and earphones. I hooked up white Cowon O2.

For me it’s Perfect with its build quality. It is decent to handle and lightweight too. But it gets dirt or scratched when I put it inside my pocket. 4.3 Inch screen does produce great colour. The display having 16 million colours and pixel ratio is 480×272. Negative side of display is having less brightness when it exposed to light. I have to go for shady areas to get clear visibility. There is three-way switch on right side of the

O2 having on, off, key lock functions. The stylus with lanyard can used as pointer plus as a stand for the O2. The stylus which can converted into stand has good angle for great viewing experience. The top of the player has volume controller and LED signal light. The LED light is for showing status of battery and power. On the left side there is a flap where the SD and MiniUSB slot cased inside. There is also a reset switch under the flap. On that side itself there is charging and 3.5 mm audio slot. So if you are on the move and you don’t need computers to charge your PMP. Just plug to the charger to your power supply. When your player turned back you could see so many certified seals. On the back itself there is ...

• output speaker. Only an average speaker and don’t expect great volume.

The interface of O2 is simple just like touch-and-go. It is not complicated as IPOD Touch or the Iphone. For me finger is enough rather than stylus. The icons are large so it has great touching response. Most amazing thing I gone through was the flexibility of the interface. While I am watching movie or hearing music, I can access file managers with out pausing. If I access the file manager while playing movie, it will continue to play in background. The interface is excellent and easy to learn. There are also applications like text viewer, Image viewer, etc

I tried to connect the Player with PC and starts transferring my files. 32 GB O2 has faster transfer rate and no need of itunes. O2 does supports most formats,

me usually use AVI format. So I didn’t test any other formats. The picture clarity is excellent and the processor does support all videos with greater effects. The manual says it also support HD video.

Coming to music quality I didn’t like the earphone quality. The output is great from O2, but lack of Bass was my problem. As Sony employs feature like Mega Bass, Cowon also have one called Jet effect. Not only that, there is Mach3Bass, 3D Surround, BBE, Stereo Enhance, Equalizer.

The battery is only average for me, because it works for only one movie worth 2 hours. If you are playing music only then the battery last about two days. The price is bit too high which has no WiFi are the cons of this product. I bought this product for 460$. So you must consider Cons also.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161308798321031/k2311a0813/8.13.09