Gmail
  • Gmail has been the best email service for me so far

• by AzureSea

I use email quite a lot. I chat, get notifications from my favorite sites and often use it for IM purposes. Gmail has been the best email service for me so far. I’ve used Hotmail, Yahoo (a longtime favorite) and others, but Gmail has them all beat. Their spam filter is almost impossible for spam emails to get through, and yet they never put any of my real emails in the spam

folder.

The way they sort emails is nothing short of ingenious. One email and all its replies are put into one thread where I can view what has been said in the conversation at once. It also helps reduce the clog in my inbox, as everything related is sorted neatly for me. This helps immensely, especially when I’m away for a period of time and am unable to check my email.

When ...

• replying to an email, if there is a new email since I started replying, a notification comes up, and by clicking it, I can see the new email without losing any changes I made to my draft (which, by the way, they autosave every minute). Everything is tailored to my needs, and I’m very satisfied with their email service.

On the gmail.com page, it’s also possible to use Gchat, Google’s IM service, within

your browser. It’s very handy for when I’m using a public computer without Gtalk installed. Your Gmail account is also compatible with Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, so there’s no need to make two or three accounts just to talk to all your friends. One account does it all.

I’m very pleased with Gmail, and any other email service has a long way to go before they can get me to go back.

Gmail

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201308798151031/k2311a0813/8.13.09