Bodylastics Home Gym Extercise System
www.bodylastics.com
  • I know it may seem like that's an oxymoron, how can you be a lazy person if your working out
  • However, if you are willing to go outside on your own from time to time , for a walk, run, or jog, you shouldn't have an issue
  • In conclusion, I think this is a great product
  • My suggestion to males looking to add muscle/tone would be to buy the 60$ Maximum Tension set, unless your a competitive bodybuilder, you are not likely going to need the extra resistance offered by the T
  • For females, I suggest you by the Basic Tension set if you are looking to just tone up, but if you are looking to add muscle, just buy the Maximum Tension

• by DiwansSong

Bodylastics is a home gym exercise system that involves using resistance bands to help build muscle and burn fat. There are three different package sets that you can order, T.O. Super Strong man (105$), Maximum Tension(60$) and Basic Tension(50$). The main difference between the package sets is the resistance weight. For the TO Super Strong man, you get up to 254( 127 pounds per side) pounds of resistance, for the Maximum Tension, you get 134( 67 pounds per side) pounds of resistance, and for the Basic Tension set, you get 88(44 pounds per side) pounds of resistance. I am not going to go through what the resistance bands actually look like or how they are used because you can easily go to www.bodylastics.com and find out for yourself. Instead, I am going to give you my evaluation of it, as I have used them for close to 6 months. Here are the positives.

1- The equipment comes in a very small bag so it’s very easy to take it with you where ever you go. If you go out of town for a week, you don’t have to worry about missing your workouts because you can essentially take the “gym” with you. Just recently I had to go to England for a business trip; I was worried about ruining

my workout routine, but I didn’t miss a beat because all I had to do was take this small bag with me.

2- This product is great, whether your looking to add muscle or just tone up. Most people see resistance bands as exercise equipment designed for people who just want to tone up. While that is true, Bodylastics has made these revolutionary bands so that one can add significant muscle with them too. We all know that to add muscle, you need to lift heavy weighs; Bodylastics makes that possible. Here is how it works, you get a number of resistance bands; all of them vary in weight. These bands have elastics on each end, so you can attach an unlimited amount of bands together to handles to increase resistance. This gives you enough resistance to build lean muscle.

3- This product is great if your looking to ” break a plateau”. If you are familiar with working out, you know what I’m talking about. In short, this term is referred to when a bodybuilder works out for so long, that his muscles no longer respond or grow to the same routine/exercises. With Bodylastics, you can break that plateau because if you’ve been working out in a gym your entire life, using machines and dumbbells, your muscles are going ...

• to be ” shocked” by resistance band training. This was great for me because I am an experienced weightlifter and for the previous 10 months, I was seeing no progress made as far as muscle gain. After the first 3 months of resistance band training;I gained about 5 pounds of muscle.

4- This product is also great for ” lazy” or busy people. I know it may seem like that’s an oxymoron, how can you be a “lazy” person if your working out. But by ” lazy”, I mean individuals who don’t feel like making a trip to the gym to workout, or are too busy to do so. It takes time to; get ready, drive to the gym, workout, and drive back. So these bands eliminate all those stressors. One can workout at home.

5- The last positive thing I will mention about it is the price. The average gym membership is close to 30$-50$ dollars a month. That comes out to about 300$-600$ dollars a month, and that is just for the year. Compared to the Bodylastics sets, even the most expensive set; the T.O. set is only 105 dollars, and set should only be ordered by competitive bodybuilders. Most people should order the Maximum Tension, which is priced at only 60$ dollars.

Now I will discuss the negatives

to Bodylastics.

1- When compared to a gym membership, the drawback with Bodylastics resisitace bands is that that gyms give you the opportunity to do cardiovascular(treadmill, stairmaster, bicycles). However, if you are willing to go outside on your own from time to time , for a walk, run, or jog, you shouldn’t have an issue.

2- The only other issue I have encountered with the bands during my use has been lower body exercises. This product works great for upper body toning/building muscle, but the lower body exercises are somewhat awkward.

In conclusion, I think this is a great product. For the past 10 months, I feel like I have been getting the same, if not a better workout using these resistance bands than I did the previous 10 months working out at the gym; at a fraction of the cost. The only drawback as I mentioned was cardiovascular exercises and lower body exercises. My suggestion to males looking to add muscle/tone would be to buy the 60$ Maximum Tension set, unless your a competitive bodybuilder, you are not likely going to need the extra resistance offered by the T.O. set. For females, I suggest you by the Basic Tension set if you are looking to just tone up, but if you are looking to add muscle, just buy the Maximum Tension.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341308798101031/k2311a0813/8.13.09