Pepto Bismol Original  » Medicine  »
  • When I feel the dreaded rumbling in my lower abdomen, I know it's time to reach for the Pepto
  • I like that fact that Pepto-Bismol has been around for eons and distributed by the trusted Proctor & Gamble Company
  • Pepto-Bismol also comes in tasty Cherry flavor which is much more palatable in my opinion than the original flavor
  • I recommend Pepto-Bismol for diarrhea and nausea, but make sure you check with your doctor before taking any medications

• by mom1

Pepto-Bismol Original has on many occasions, relieved me of some less than pleasant stomach maladies. The familiar pink look of the bottle, somehow instills in me the sentiment that “help is on the way.” Pepto-Bismol works very efficiently for diarrhea and nausea.

When I feel the dreaded rumbling in my lower abdomen, I know it’s time to reach for the Pepto. When my stomach is not feeling 100%, I have take the recommended starting dosage of 2 tablespoons and it is all I can do to keep myself from throwing up. Just the though of that indescribable

flavor is enough to set me over the edge, but after the initial shock and disgust wears off, I can relax and rest assured that the Pepto-Bismol is fast at work relieving whatever is ailing my belly that day. It’s an incredible relief to be free of diarrhea and nausea so quickly

After about 1/2 hour or so the cramps and rumblings seem to subside and any nausea that I am experiencing fades away too. I make sure I haven’t taken any aspirin that day, because if I had, I will not take Pepto because it too contains 130 mg ...

• of aspirin. While Pepto-Bismol does work for me, it does have a down side. It can turn my tongue a dark color, almost black due to the active ingredient, Bismuth.

I have also used Pepto-Bismol as a preventative measure when I traveled, to prevent any food related gastrointestinal bacteria from taking hold. My research has taught me that in addition from stopping symptoms of diarrhea and nausea, Pepto-Bismol can also work to virtually stop potentially illness causing bacteria from taking hold in my gut. This is very comforting to me when I travel, because I

do not want my trip to be ruined by a stomach bug.

I like that fact that Pepto-Bismol has been around for eons and distributed by the trusted Proctor & Gamble Company. Pepto-Bismol works so well in controlling diarrhea that it can sometimes cause mild constipation for the next day or so, but this side effect pales in comparison to the dreaded diarrhea.

Pepto-Bismol also comes in “tasty” Cherry flavor which is much more palatable in my opinion than the original flavor. I recommend Pepto-Bismol for diarrhea and nausea, but make sure you check with your doctor before taking any medications!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261308798091031/k2311a0813/8.13.09