Del Monte Fruit Chillers
  • I bought them because the box said it contained over a pound of real fruit
  • My kids eat way too much sugar and definitely not enough fruit so these popsicles, or Chillers, sounded perfect to me
  • In my opinion, they are a perfect summer treat for all of us
  • I believe that eight tubes come in the box, and I think that they are a good size, not too small and not so big that some is wasted
  • I love that they can be eaten without creating a drippy mess like popsicles on a stick

• by Carolina Girl

I purchased Del Monte’s Fruit Chillers Freeze and Eat tubes and am so glad that I did because they taste just like those yummy freeze and eat popsicles that we ate as kids. You know, the ones that were 100% sugar? The great thing about these is that they are actually good for you. I bought them because the box said it contained over a pound of real fruit. Plus, they are low-cal and don’t contain corn syrup or artificial flavors. My kids eat way too much sugar and definitely not enough fruit so these popsicles, or Chillers, sounded perfect to me. I got the Grape Berry Blizzard and they loved it. I

have already gotten two more boxes. I am thrilled because my kids are eating a healthy snack instead of consuming more candy or potato chips. To them, these are just cool popsicles. Healthy has not crossed their mind. They run around outside in the summer heat, and then grab one of these as a snack that they can cool off with. In my opinion, they are a perfect summer treat for all of us.

I believe that eight tubes come in the box, and I think that they are a good size, not too small and not so big that some is wasted. Each tube is made from thin plastic and ...

• when the liquid inside freezes, you squeeze it at the bottom to push it up and eat. My children eat one and feel satisfied. The packaging for the tubes is fairly easy to tear open or simply cut with scissors. I love that they can be eaten without creating a drippy mess like popsicles on a stick. That is another big reason why I purchased them. I am so tired of cleaning up popsicle drops that leave a trail from the kitchen to the front door! The graphics on the box and tubes themselves is bright and shiny, very eye-catching. My kids would describe it as “cool”, as it is definitely
        meant to appeal to them along with teenagers. They are so funny, if it looked too “girly” or “healthy” they would nix it before even trying. Oh, the power of advertising!

As far as pricing goes, I feel that the Fruit Chillers are in line with everything else and are priced decently. Since they have just come out, I bet that I will be seeing a coupon soon and will definitely use it. I look forward to trying other flavors such as the Strawberry Snowstorm in the near future. I am really glad these came out because it is a way to give my kids a healthy snack - and get fruit down their throats!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271308797901031/k2311a0813/8.13.09