HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook
2.0
  • My opinion is to avoid this laptop even if you can get last years model
  • I think you could easily get a laptop for half the price that would hold up just as long (think Dell)
  • If your going to get a computer that costs $700 you should definitely look into Dell's better models and also consider Lenovo or Toshiba

• by seanmcguire

I have owned an HP Pavilion dv2000 notebook for two years now. My primary use is for college classes. The notebook looks awesome and ran great at first.

It handled games well, even larger games like Sims 2 and Spore. However, now I find that the laptop is beginning to get on its last legs.

For a $700 laptop this is disappointing. The nice thing is that it does have a lot of memory space.

I really liked the

touch buttons at top, especially the mute button and these buttons look great. It just seems as though the cons are much more abundant than the pros.

The other thing is that my battery will only stay charged for 15 minutes (on the lowest power settings). That is always bad news for a college student.

As I mentioned, the computer is slowing down - this morning I had to wait 25 minutes in order to be able to do ...

• any work. My opinion is to avoid this laptop even if you can get last years model.

I think you could easily get a laptop for half the price that would hold up just as long (think Dell). Some pros of this laptop, to be fair, do include the great picture of the 15-inch widescreen, the cool looking black outer-shell with design, and the size of the keyboard, which I find to be quite comfortable.

Bottom line: if your

looking for something that will last for a while this is not the computer. If your looking for a light-weight easy to carry computer, again this is not the computer for you.

If your going to get a computer that costs $700 you should definitely look into Dell’s better models and also consider Lenovo or Toshiba. The HP Pavilion dv2000 is a decent computer, but not worth the money.

If I could do it over again, I would not buy this computer.

HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631108796631231/k2311a0811/8.11.09