Safeway Select Premium Quality Alkaline Batteries
  • I wasn’t paying attention to the brand I bought at all, because I was in a hurry and I wanted to get my mouse working again quickly

• by Jessie Bahrey

Batteries seem like a crazy thing to write a review about, and they are not a product I usually think twice about. However, the batteries that I most recently purchased, well over six months ago, have proven to be so long-lasting that I plan to never use another brand. Even more shocking than how long they are lasting is that they are a store brand, not a well-known brand like Energizer.

I purchased Safeway Select Premium Quality Alkaline Batteries about six months ago, when my mouse batteries ran out;

I wasn’t paying attention to the brand I bought at all, because I was in a hurry and I wanted to get my mouse working again quickly. I picked up the first set of AAA batteries I saw, at the checkout of my local Safeway store. I didn’t even take the time to go to the aisle where the batteries are sold. I did notice that they were half the price of my usual brand of batteries, at under $5 for 4, so I just assumed I would ...

• have to buy more soon and at that time, I would get some better quality ones.

I got home and put the batteries in my mouse and promptly forgot about them, until the other day when I went looking for the other two batteries to put into a remote control. It was at that time that I realized that these batteries, cheap as they are, are still in my mouse, and my mouse shows no signs of needing new batteries any time soon. I have never had batteries that

last this long, particularly on something like my mouse which I always have on, practically 24/7. The fact that these store brand batteries have lasted three times as long as any of the other brands I have used is enough to make me a believer, so I intend on buying these from now on, just to see if I lucked out on this particular package, or if the Safeway Select brand is that much better than the more popular and more expensive brands. I will keep you posted!

Michelle Giddens Ledbetter says :

re : I wasn’t paying attention to the brand I bought at all, because I was in a hurry and I wanted to get my mouse working again quickly
    My son goes through AA batteries like crazy using his Xbox 1 controller. He happened to mention that the last batteries he had used and was replacing, lasted significantly longer than the Duracells I regularly buy from Costco. That was information worthy of investigation. Looking at them, I did’t recognize them at all. The fine print read: Better Living Brands LLC. Still no bells. A Google search led me to learn they were the Safeway brand and subsequently your review. Thank you for taking the time to write. I feel fortunate to have learned about this "secret super" Better Living brand and happy to corroborate everything you reported. I live in Santa Barbara and so mine were purchased at Vons, a Safeway Company (or vice versa?) Let’s hope the quality of these batteries remains consistently high in the future. We shall see Thank you, Michelle L.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161108796461131/k2311a0811/8.11.09