Danville Stadium Cinemas, Danville Virginia  » Movies  »
Stadium Drive, Danville, VA
  • However, a customer will be pleasantly surprised to learn that the movie-going experience is at worst, an average experience
  • Although I can only vouch for the men's restroom, I've been impressed by the state of cleanliness each and every time I've had an occasion to visit this particular area of the building
  • Certainly the seats are not the best I've ever used at a movie theater, but they are ample for an averaged sized person

• by William Third

The Georgia Theatre Company operates many movie theatres in the southern areas of the United States, and Virginia is no exception. The only theater provided in the Danville, VA area is the Danville Stadium Cinemas 12 (although I’m unsure of why the name is plural).

As the Danville Stadium is the only game in town, one might assume that the service provided would be sub-par. However, a customer will be pleasantly surprised to learn that the movie-going experience is at worst, an average experience.

The building

is kept very clean. The large lobby always looks as though it was vacuumed earlier in the day, the counters are wiped clean, the non-carpeted areas are free of the normal “movie theater stickiness” that keeps one’s shoes plastered to the ground. Although I can only vouch for the men’s restroom, I’ve been impressed by the state of cleanliness each and every time I’ve had an occasion to visit this particular area of the building.

The seats in the theater are comfortable. Certainly the seats ...

• are not the best I’ve ever used at a movie theater, but they are ample for an averaged sized person. The foot room is acceptable, and the floors are normally free of any food or trash from the prior audience.

The movies, in my experience, have always started on time and have been free of any visual of audio defects.

The staff at the Danville Stadium Cinemas 12 are your average high school type employees, but each seems to do his or her job tot he

standard required. I would not say that anyone goes out of their way to help, greet, or otherwise provide a better experience for the customer, but I’ve never had a negative experience with any of the employees.

In summary, I would give the Danville Stadium Cinemas 12 an above average rating, simply because I’ve never had a bad experience. Certainly there are other movie theaters with better seating, and other such accomidations, but in all, this Danville theater is an excellent place to view a film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111108796101131/k2311a0811/8.11.09