Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly  » Health  »
  • My cousins in London would oftentimes call me during wintertime and during the course of conversation they would talk about how they’ve covered their full face and ears and even neck of Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly in order to avoid the drying effect of the coldest season of the year
  • Of course it could not be a substitute for my hand lotion because it is greasy and not as light as lotion, but I consider this as protective hand lotion of some sort

• by ladyli

My cousins in London would oftentimes call me during wintertime and during the course of conversation they would talk about how they’ve covered their full face and ears and even neck of Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly in order to avoid the drying effect of the coldest season of the year. They can’t afford to run out of Vaseline especially during winter time because this has been relieving them of the discomfort of skin dryness during the coldest season of the year and they only trust Vaseline brand.

Here in the Philippines, we have no winter time but we do use lots of Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly too. First is to thwart diaper rash. My one and only child never suffered from diaper rash because I made sure that his buttocks and

the areas around his genitals were sufficiently covered with Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly before putting on his diaper. I also do make sure the diaper did not get too soiled. During night time, even if the diaper got somewhat soiled, the protection given by Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly would be enough till I woke up to change the soiled diaper. My twin grandchildren also benefited with Vaseline because I taught their mother the technique of using it to avoid diaper rash on her twin infants. Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly is the only brand we trust because aside from being the original, the other petroleum jelly in the market is not as effective. Most of the other brands, although cheaper are not as effective and relieving as Vaseline.

My son still uses Vaseline 100% ...

• Pure Petroleum Jelly even when he is already grown up. Maybe because even after he already stopped using diaper, I would still apply Vaseline on him before he wear his pants so this habit he was able to acquire till now. He said this has totally given him protection from rashes especially when he plays basketball and friction of thighs is unavoidable.

With my personal use, I also do have good things to say about this product. I am using Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly when I do household chores. I am lavishing my hands with this before putting on my working gloves. So far this has been helpful in preventing development of calluses and has some softening effect on my hands too. Of course it could not be a substitute for

my hand lotion because it is greasy and not as light as lotion, but I consider this as protective hand lotion of some sort. Its greasiness could really be quite disturbing but as I put on my working glove and start working, I would instantly forget about the greasiness. What is important is that my hands are protected and I am thankful to Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly for giving me this benefit. My husband has developed this habit too, he is also now using Vaseline 1000% Pure Petroleum Jelly when he works around the house and I observed his calluses have lessened and his hands has a softer feel now. Of course rough or thick hands are signs of industriousness but it is also nice to be industrious but with soft hands still.

Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly
    gelyn mariquit says :

hi ms ladyli good day i just read your blog about the product. i’m badly looking for this, i have checked all the drugstores and malls in my city (bacolod) but i got no results and even online stores. may i know where did you buy the product in our country? hoping for your response. thank you.

ladyli says :

It is a pity that Bacolod has no Vaseline petroleum jelly. It should be readily available in any drug, health and beauty store. Anyway, online you can buy this from Amazon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341108795791031/k2311a0811/8.11.09