Wembley Stadium
Wembley National Stadium Ltd Wembley London HA9 0WS
  • This has made for a better experience of watching football matches
  • I find however if you pay £50 which gets you sat in the middle tier these are the best seats

• by PEteacher9

I am in a privileged position as I am able to compare the old stadium with the newly built ground which is what all modern stadium should be built like.

Having watched my first England game in 1996 just before the Euro 96 Championships in a friendly against Hungary I have been a regular follower of the England football team. I loved travelling down to the old Wembley as a young boy. It was a major event and the tension and excitement was always there. 80,000 people

watching the football created a fantastic atmosphere. The fact you had to queue at the toilets for a long time, there was little space between your seats and the stands were crumbling down did not seem to matter.

All this has changed since I have got older and with many major Premier League revamping their grounds, spectators like me have got used to the creature comforts. So now we have a new national stadium. Gone are the Twin Towers which have been replaced by a strange ark ...

• and yet it somehow manages to provide a great backdrop to a ground I and all football fans are proud of. The complaints about few toilets, long queues, poor transport and terrible seats have all gone. They have been replaced by lifts to your seats, great disabled access and more places to eat and drink. This has made for a better experience of watching football matches.

Previously there used to be restricted views at the old stadium however, now there is not a bad seat in the

place. The prices are set in accordance of where you are seating so if you seat near the back then you pay the most expensive price. For football it is around the £70 mark. I find however if you pay £50 which gets you sat in the middle tier these are the best seats.

Overall Wembley Stadium is a great ground and is the centre piece for out football. I hope it will be the key piece in our jigsaw in a successful 2018 World Cup bid.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351008795531231/k2311a0810/8.10.09