Genting Highlands  » Travel  »
Genting Highlands, Malaysia
  • I like going to Genting Highlands with my family, because not only is it near Singapore (around 6-7 hrs by bus), it is also a place for the whole family to enjoy
  • A breath taking experience, but a not so good experience for those who are afraid of heights
  • I thought going to Genting Highlands was expensive, but i'm happy to say that it is not

• by marielle

I’ve been to Genting Highlands three times already, and am planning to go there again before the year ends. The first two trips were only day trips, with us staying in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The third was a 2D1N trip, which was more fun because we got to enjoy Genting Highlands at night, when it was so cold outside.

I like going to Genting Highlands with my family, because not only is it near Singapore (around 6-7 hrs by bus), it is also a place for the whole family to enjoy. Located

at the top of the mountains, it becomes very cold when you get there, a far cry from the climate in Kuala Lumpur. The view going to Genting Highlands is fantastic when you go there by cable car. A 15-minute ride via cable car from the base of the mountain going to Genting Highlands, you can see lots and lots of trees when you look down. A breath taking experience, but a not so good experience for those who are afraid of heights.

What I like about Genting Highlands, besides the cool ...

• climate, is that it offers lots of entertainments. It has an indoor and outdoor theme parks which both kids and adults can enjoy. It also has casinos for those who wants to gamble. There are also several hotels which are all inter connected, and a lot of branded stores and boutiques for those who wants to shop. There are also a lot of restaurants within the vicinity, from fast foods to fine dining restaurants.

I thought going to Genting Highlands was expensive, but i’m happy to say that it is not.

Based from our experience, going there is not as expensive as what I had expected. There is a hotel offering cheap accommodation which is the First World Hotel. For as low as RM119, we got a twin sharing room for 2D1N. I find the restaurants not that expensive too, but of course we didn’t eat on the fine dining restaurants there. Basically, it all depends on your budget. I just want to say that even on a low budget, you can enjoy Genting Highlands and all that it has to offer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381008795381131/k2311a0810/8.10.09