Stouffer’s Sesame Chicken
0.5
  • The red peppers survive about the best, offering up some enjoyable flavor
  • It is a shame that the sweet and sour sauce is so domineering because otherwise, I do believe this meal would have offered quite a lot of different flavors that could have been enjoyed, but unfortunately, with every mouthful, I tasted that sweet and sour sauce

• by GenesisOne

Stouffer’s Sesame Chicken is a meal that I most likely will not purchase a second time. The reason I will not be buying this frozen dinner again is because of the sweet and sour sauce.

It is just too much for me.

I do not like how the sauce has such a dominating flavor that it pretty much cancels out

the flavors offered by the other items that are a part of this dinner.

The breaded chicken, for example, just barely manages to offer up a little flavor, and there is no way to enjoy the chicken flavor alone.

The sauce is all over the place.

The same can be said for the noodles.

Although noodles do not have much ...

• of a taste without sauce, this sauce is not the kind that I would put on noodles.

The poor green beans, red peppers and carrots do not stand much of a chance, either.

The carrots especially have their flavor washed out.

The red peppers survive about the best, offering up some enjoyable flavor.

It is a shame that the sweet

and sour sauce is so domineering because otherwise, I do believe this meal would have offered quite a lot of different flavors that could have been enjoyed, but unfortunately, with every mouthful, I tasted that sweet and sour sauce.

It really ruined the meal for me and provided me with a good reason to not purchase this meal a second time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271008795201131/k2311a0810/8.10.09