Mucinex
  • I did not experience any negative side effects from the Mucinex

• by mom1

Mucinex is an expectorant. An expectorant is a medication that relieves chest congestion and thins out mucous secretions. I had a cold and cough not too long ago and I was so congested, I didn’t know what to do. Nothing that I did helped. I tried the vaporizer, drinking plenty of fluids including hot tea, cough syrup, and gargling with salt water. I

hate to be gross, but nothing helped in bringing up the mucous until I took the Mucinex, aka Guaifenesin.

Shortly after I took one 400mg horse pill, the mucous flowed like nobody’s business. I didn’t even have to cough vigorously to bring the mucous up. I just sort of cleared my throat, and it came up. Again, I apologize for the visual, but this stuff really does the trick.

Before I took the Mucinex, it was getting to the point where I was so congested and nothing would come up, that I was getting scared that I wouldn’t be able to catch my breath, but about an hour after I took it, most of the congestion was gone like magic. It loosened everything and it was so easy to bring ...

• Mucinex
      up the mucous. Now mind you, I just had a run of the mill cold and cough, so I don’t know how the Mucinex would work with something more severe like bronchitis or pneumonia.

I did not experience any negative side effects from the Mucinex. It did what it was supposed to do and that was it. You are, however suppose to drink lots of

water with it. I guess the combination of the water and the Mucinex work together to thin out the mucous.

Mucinex really helped me with my chest congestion. The only part of the whole thing that I didn’t particularly care for was the actual act of coughing up the mucous, but you have to take the good with the bad. This product worked great for me.

Mucinex

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261008795111131/k2311a0810/8.10.09